Casual JVN-11B "Cloaky oxide" (4xSRM4, ECM, XL235)

Thread in 'JVN-11B' started by CarloArmato, Oct 24, 2018.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Stealth-less version of the JVN-11B "Ninja" (4xSRM4, ECM, SA, XL225) + Alt
    The only true difference is the lack of stealth armor and +0.5 ton which has been spent to upgrade the engine to a faster XL235. Remove half ton of ammo if you prefer more armor or you want to upgrade to an even faster XL245.

2. waaaaaaaat

waaaaaaaat Active Member

I can't make this work with 4 SRM4s - stripping the leg armor on a mech that gets legged pretty often seems like a bad bet. What is your experience with stripping the leg armor (and head down to 1!)?

3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

I haven't tried out this stealthless version, but the stealth version with XL225 is fun and can work as long as you don't attract too much unneeded attention.

The chances of being headshotted are very low (you either have to overheat or stand still), while armor on the legs is not a big issue: 5 armor is a full IS ML, it won't save you anyway from a dual gauss or a full alpha.

I also have another instance (I didn't recorded it though) were I solo killed a couple of lights, including a oxide (he aimed for legs, I CT killed him).

4. waaaaaaaat

waaaaaaaat Active Member

I might have to give it a try and see about real survival conditions. The 3 SRM4 version is already pretty great, but 4 is pocket Assassin territory.