JR7-F Raptor (1x PPC, 3x MLas, 2x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'JR7-F' started by Blagg Zear, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Jumpy PPC.Sniper with max Speed.

Alternative with one more JJ:

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. psiber

psiber Junior Member

I saw that this build was unrated thought it could use some praise. I have been running my version of this with extreme success.

Multiple matches ended with "holy shit you can pilot that jenner!" 500 damage and 2 kills is the standard match in this little hate tank. I personally had to fit 2 DHS because I don't have the control to not overheat on the warm maps. :rolleyes:

Just remember the only time to alpha strike is in that 90-270 range. Many foolish Embers have run up to chest hug me seeing my PPC and forgot 3 MLas's in the face hurts.

A nova and I took on 7 enemies and the end was me vs. a TW that barely got the last shot on me before I got him. I would sell my soul to have hit the record button for that match...

Ramble over. Build enjoyed :)

P.S. I thought this version would run well but it turns out I suck at using SLas. Anyone else have luck?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

SLas just suck, too short of an effective range. I would recommend this build be used on a JR7-D or K for more modules.

4. DeeHawk

DeeHawk New Member

I have to agree with tfun, the range of SLas doesn't do good as either defense nor offense, with the playstyle you adapt from the PPC.
    Keep the Medium lasers, and move your equipment to the K variant. 4 Modules on a light is sick.

5. psiber

psiber Junior Member

Obviously I will be using the K. I was tired and forgot to mention this is for grinding elite.

Two good matches I had from today. On the bottom one you will see me calling somebody a bastard. I would have had 5 kills but he swooped in for a steal and we were joking about it. I had pulled a kill steal earlier rofl. It seems I embarrassed a lot of big mechs in those games lol...

[​IMG]

http://s27.postimg.org/h9b2b1zmr/Screen_Shot0053.jpg[/img]

6. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

It occurrs to me that the fall damage change could significantly reduce the effectiveness of frequent jumper builds (any 1-2 ppc 35-55 ton mech). Then again these mechs rarely get shot in the legs due to the nature of their gameplay. A thought.

7. DeeHawk

DeeHawk New Member

@Psiber (or Neurotrauma, lol couldn't find you at first on your screenshots)

If you haven't tried the 6MLas build yet, you should, at least for the tedious grinding. If you master the skirmisher role, 500 will become your average score. On top of that you will have a decent use for your F-variant as well ;)

Imagine, unlimited alpha 30 with ~150kph

8. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

With the new fall damage, every mech needs to respect gravity. I think we will see a slightly different poptart breed. The sideways leaptart, running and firing in the arc means harder to be hit while still being able to break to slower then 31 ft/s below cover.

9. triforceelf

triforceelf Benefactor

This is the build I am running myself, and I have to say that I find it very effective. The PPC is nice for medium range poking, and the ML fend off the lights. Not my favorite Jenner (that would be my D) but still a nice mech.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast