JR7-D "Little Stinger" (2x SRM4, 4x SLas, 4x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'JR7-D' started by Falconium, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

My take on the dual-SRM4 build. This is very much a close-in hit-and-run build. The small lasers may seem too short range to some, but really, in order to get a good hit with the SRM4s, you need to be in close anyway. The 4 JJs allow you to maneuver out of pretty much any tight situation, (it works great on Canyon Network), and the speed is maxed with the 300 engine. Since the SRMs are really the primary weapons here, this thing carries three tons of ammo, which will keep you going for a good while.
    If you like AMS on your Jenners, you could easily swap out a ton of ammo and a JJ; or you could add an extra DHS or two, though I've never found this build to have a problem with heat. But yeah, keep this thing in close, do some good strafe runs, and you'll rack up damage quickly while annoying the enemy team with your constant "stings".

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Haven't updated this one in a while . . . this is the version I usually run now:

The extra range of the Mediums is a definite bonus (and 4 JJs tend to be way too hot nowadays anyway), though I find switching all 4 SLs to MLs tends to be both too hot and too low on ammo (I usually change to an XL295 in that case, for the extra half-ton). This particular setup though, with 2xML and 2xSL, is very effective for the roll this 'Mech plays . . . sort of a min/maxed compromise between range, alpha, heat efficiency, maneuverability and ammo. ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    Excalibaard likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

This is the way I built it, mostly because I think 3t is just a little bit too much in 90% of the games and I have an XL295 for the 4x ML version. Also put sml and med in the same arms because it's easier for my control groups (LA, RA, SRMs)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast