JR7 1000+ Club

Thread in 'Jenner' started by SirEpicPwner, Jan 28, 2014.

1. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

Saw there was no 1000+ club for Jenners, decided to start it.
    [​IMG]
    http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc436/skit1994/MWOClient2014-01-2821-17-17-78_zpsa6783cb9.png[/img]
    We lost, but I got to experience the thrill of being last light alive!

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Wow, sick damage output. Which build did you use? 'Standard' 4x MLas + 2x SSRM2?

3. SirEpicPwner

I was using this build.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

What do you think of dropping one JJ for an XL285? That's what I finally did on mine, after numerous test runs.

Your 1000+ was only with conventional weapons or did you also use strikes?

5. SirEpicPwner

eh, the small speed increase does not seem worth losing aerial agility. And I did not use any arty or airstrikes, the damage was all conventional weaponry.

6. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

7. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

Holy hell.

8. SirEpicPwner

hey tfun, what build were you running? any arty strikes?

9. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

All I have to say is... What the fuck? I barely scratched 1100 in my HGN and you reach that in a Jenner? My god I suck.

10. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Obviously it doesn't compare to tfun's 1500+ (!), but I was dropping with some friends this evening, and happened to pull this one off.
    And yes, I did drop a single artillery strike, which did some of the work for me. But still, I was rather surprised with the match result. This is definitely my best score in a Jenner so far.

[​IMG]
    (6x ML)

11. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

More and more people are able to reach these scores in light mechs. Hell my Raven highscore is 1250ish. With the adjustments to Artillery and Airstrike more and more people are pushing the 1000+ damage mark in light mechs. Why? Because we can get into position and we can move out of position quickly, utilize cover easier and come in on the backside of enemy mechs to carve them up while the targets' focus is elsewhere.

12. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Even with artillery tfun's score is very impressive - at least 1000dmg must come from conventional weapons.

13. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Impressive game seen on twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/p33p3rs/c/3684164
    1563 dmg and 8 kills. He actually farmed a little the last mech (out of ammo) and used an arty, but still, that's very good piloting.

14. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Had to make up for the two non-connects:

[​IMG]

o7 skyer ;p

15. Merciless Hunter

Merciless Hunter Junior Member

Lol, the Alpha lance of yours is the guild I am in

16. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Made a spare solo dropping account. Wanted to see if I noticed a difference in team quality compared to solo dropping my main account once my Elo leveled off... Till then, poor puggies :D. Here's my 23rd cadet bonus drop, first in my fully built and partially basic-ed Jenner.

[​IMG]

I just might have to enter the next tourney as TFun91 if you know what I mean, that's a 276 pointer without arties or coolants. Or as "Elo Reset FTW" to draw attention to the fatally flawed idea of comparing people in different Elos as if on equal footing.

Second round, while half the damage, still 7K 3A. One could literally graffiti the tourney leaderboard, sweeping entire podiums in less time than it takes to make top 10 in an account with built up Elo.

17. epikt

epikt Benefactor

That's a good idea.

18. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

[​IMG]

Had a pretty brutal game...should have been a win, but 3 people ran off and died early on. At the end, it was 3v4...but both my remaining teammates had no weapons left, and died fast, so 1v4. Killed 2, nearly killed the YLW too, but made a misstep and they finished me off. Still, damn good round.

19. Dreddex

Dreddex Junior Member

[​IMG]

My highest yet in a light, no airstrikes/arty, still very new to the game so it didn't even have modules lol. Eventually.. Still lost though :(

20. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

No arty on this one, only module was seismic scanner since I'm c-bill farming. Was trying to kill the Atlas, but he had an AC20 that was causing me some problems and time ran out before I could finish him. We won thanks to a DC somewhere out there ;)

[​IMG]