JM6-DD "Five Fingers of Death" (5x AC2, XL255)
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'JM6-DD' started by dranozir, Sep 1, 2013.

1. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

A hot build for you but a hell build for other !

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Run the macro from Micheal's thread and watch heads roll! :D

Personally, I find 4x AC2s to be sufficient and an extra 6T can be SO useful.

I run with a larger engine, 2x MLas and extra heat sinks... Like so;

Very similar to your build at long range, I just find it a little more survivable in close. Incredibly deadly build with 5x AC2s, thought. I may have to try her out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

tr0unce has recently been converting everyone to use this build, it's cooler than you expect and the AC10 per 0.5 seconds really does hurt your enemies even if you can't macro it properly anymore. Adaptation decreases armor to mount more ammo.

Putting each arm in its own control group is dangerous as it can trigger the heat penalty loop, so use these weapon groups:

1: linked
    2: chain

the reason for the chainfire group is for if you're really high heat and need to suppress the enemy while scrambling for cover.

Works pretty well though I still prefer my 2xAC10 4xMG for personal brawling reasons.
    4/5

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

On this kind of builds I use these weapon groups:
    1 - all cannons
    2 - right arm
    3 - left arm

Most of the time I use all cannons, but the two other groups allows me to fire with only one side exposed, without wasting ammo and generating more heat than useful.
    It also can work as a reduced fire mode when I'm overheating.
    Be careful though, when you switch from one arm only to all guns, you need to wait ~0.5s in order not to trigger a heat penalty loop.

edit: the most important being, you MUST NOT use both 2 and 3 groups when you want to fire all guns, you MUST use the group 1.

PS: don't use macros.

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Don't use macros and don't try to time them in weapon groups to fire faster than the cool down time...

You will not be happy and systems will NOT remain nominal :(

[​IMG]

6. gaflar

gaflar New Member

My weapon groups:
    1 - Left arm (3 AC2)
    2 - Right arm (2 AC2)
    3 - Left arm chainfire
    4 - Right arm chainfire

This build absolutely dominates. Even in matches where my team gets steamrolled, I manage to crank out around 300 damage. In most matches I average 700-800 though. 525 ammo gives you 1050 potential damage, which seems sort of limiting. Even after ghost heat you can sustain alpha fire for around 5 seconds without worry, which is 100 damage. Above ~80% heat I switch to chainfiring whichever arm is exposed, resulting in very little net heat gain while still shaking cockpits.

It's a great build to maximize component destruction as well. Generally I've found that an exposed heavy or assault will typically allow a few AC2 rounds to connect since they don't suffer much damage usually, but they don't realize that every hit is 10 damage with this build, and suddenly their arm's off. In a brawl I can beat an AC20 every time; in the 4 seconds it takes to recycle I've already done about 80 damage which means I can cut off the offending appendage before they can get a second shot off.

The biggest weakness is probably the XL engine, but if you hang back a little bit behind the front line and take advantage of the long-range rapid fire you can usually shake 'Mechs before they can aim at you. Ammo depletion is another concern, but by the time you've sent 500 rounds downrange the game is usually over. Once you run out though, there isn't much to do.

7. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Also: firing the arms separately can give a nasty Ghost Heat bug where it considers every shot part of the same alpha, it's better to use linked fire on all AC2s.

8. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Threads merged.

9. SAI Peregrinus

SAI Peregrinus Advanced Member

5/5,
    Incredibly effective for PUG play. Team wants to snipe all day? No problem, AC/2s are great at long range. Need to brawl? No problem, you've got enough pinpoint DPS to ruin anyone's day. Definitely worth running cool shot though.

5x AC/2: Reach out and Bad Touch somebody.

10. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

You're finding this effective nowadays SAI Peregrinus?

I used to love my penta AC2 JM6-DD but the sheer number of 100 ton assaults made me move to AC 5/ERLL DRG-1N's and now the triple UAC/5 JM6-DD.

11. SAI Peregrinus

SAI Peregrinus Advanced Member

For solo/PUG drops, yes. It's great in the "stand back and snipe" period that seems to take half of any match these days. Very similar niche to the HBK-Grid Iron, just longer range, faster fire rate, but less damage/shot and worse heat.

My trick with 100 ton assaults is that it rarely takes more than 10 shots to blow a leg off. That takes all of 6 seconds, and then they can't close into range. Don't aim for the torsos, that takes too long and doesn't do much to their effectiveness thanks to Std engines. Also, they can't torso twist the legs away from your fire, and their turn rates are sloooow. Very hard to spread damage across legs in an assault*. And some people store ammo in there, and then drop the armor a bit, so if you get lucky with an ammo explosion it can take out the CT.

*Victor excluded, but it's not a 100 tonner.

epikt and Remarius like this.
  12. Icepick

Icepick New Member

Indeed - I don't use one, but get accused and insulted anyway - Group fire (LMB) and chain fire (RMB) is all you need to simulate a macro. Tap right, hold down left for a quick 1-3-1-3 rotation (with 4 guns). Great for making a getaway.

Oh, and be prepared for QQ.

13. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Well, since the heat penalty has been removed you can now use macros.
    Just make sure it's correctly written so you don't lose DPS (the best way to be sure is to press the group fire key after one cycle, so however you shot the first burst you will still shot the next bursts at max rate).

14. dranozir

If you think this build is weak watch this video !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
    Jackhammer and Cpt Chattahah like this.
  15. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

You're a mean, mean man, @dranozir :D No chain macro, just 14 DPS to the heart.

But no end match score? :p

16. dranozir

No sorry for the match score but for reduce the upload time i cut it. ( i remember over 800 dmg in this game ) poor direwolf.

But i made another vidéo of this build !

You will see its not a good idea to burn my back !

Jackhammer and SkiDog like this.
  17. Jackhammer

Jackhammer New Member

5/5,
    This is my favourite build of MWO! I love it and today I finally broke the magical 1000 damage barrier with it.

[​IMG]

dranozir likes this.
  18. dranozir

GG Jackhammer !

Jackhammer likes this.
  19. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    Crazy DPS, crazy range (900 meters optimal with full range skills) and excellent tank despite the XL engine.
    The 2018 version features a stronger CT and side torsoes tank thanks to an armor "balance": PGI stripped some armor from the arms and moved them on sides.

About skill tree, max cooldown, range, ammo count, max survival (both armor and structure), get some radar deprivation and air strikes. Anything else is secondary.