Jester "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty" (2x PPC, 2x LLas, 2x AMS, 2x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'Jester' started by epikt, Apr 18, 2014.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I used to pilot a triple PPC build: it looked badass, but the huge heat penalty when alpha striking kind of annoyed me. So I reworked it into a more flexible build, still in a "mid range" spirit.
    There are already two 2 PPC + 2 LLas builds on the site (hop and hop) but for some reason they both also mount one or two MLas, which is in my opinion too much and pretty useless. And none had AMS, which is a great asset on this lurmaggeddon times.
    Anyway, it's a mid-range support build. It's pretty flexible as long as you keep that distance and your room of manoeuvre: it has decent speed for a 65t mech, you can poptart, you have a 40ish alpha up to ~500m, or chainfire the four weapon in order to keep constant pressure, and even when overheating the two LLas still pack enough punch.
    I'm afraid it's not the best when you're taken 1v1 by a brawler or some light mechs, but I suppose every build has its drawbacks. Just be aware of them.

Gameplay video featuring my first test drop with the mech, pretty conclusive:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast