Jester "Big Brother" (6x MPLas, AMS, 2x JJ, XL350) +ALTs

Thread in 'Jester' started by Cyanid7, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Cyanid7

Cyanid7 Active Member

Hey folks,

this is what i ever wanted to do in a Jenner, but it did not work due to a load of valid points. This is my big & mad Brother of the 6xMLas-Jenner.

3 Weapongrps:

1. The 3 left-side MPlas
    2. The 3 right-side MPlas
    3. All 6 Mplas

Yes, will still get hot, even with that much DHS. Nothing to brawl with, use your JJs a lot, deliver nasty pinpont dmg. And if you drop on Alpine, you´re somewhat fecked when its gonna be poptarts heaven - but at 96 kph, you can still close up to some.

In less wide maps, i would try to play it a but hunter-like. Close in, spend some generous tickles, bug out. Next target. In almost 3 sec. you can deal 72 dmg pinpoint, thats enough to core the most or to rip off almost every limb.

Also chasing of most mechs from medium class upwards should work, as bodyguarding other mechs would, too.

Contra is definetly the really limited range, but you seed agony to everyone that closes up.

Has not been tested yet, but i will. Soon :phear:

Thoughts & comments are appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. kaozer

kaozer New Member

I could see this working fairly well on a map like river city or colony. But anything bigger mighy be problematic. I will give it a try tomorow but i feel its gonna be really hard to pull out the best of this build since its going to run very very hot

3. Glo Worm

Glo Worm New Member

I run this 6 MPL loadout in my Quickdraw OKD-5K and it does run really hot, even with 17 DHS.

Performs wonderfully against light mechs 1v1. I like to use mine to cap the enemy base on big maps and then pick off the lights that come back one-by-one. Two or more light mechs will be a problem because you are unable to use the MPL fully after 3 alphas without time to cool down (or coolshot) and become a sitting duck while you wait for your heat to cycle down.

4. Ecto Cooler

Ecto Cooler New Member

I made an account just to say how sick this build is.

The speed is amazing and mixed with JJs make you so agile. So much fun, with the speed you can chase down almost anyone and devastate them, all with a smile on your face.

5. kaozer

kaozer New Member

my report: its simply desvastating 1v1 it rips trough pretty much any heavy but it runs so hot and the range is so short that even with the really high speed of the jester its really hard to do.

would rate 3/5

pros:
    -fast
    -Jump jets
    - 1v1 effectiveness

cons:
    -runs very very hot
    -useless against multiple ennemies
    -not fast enough to run away if needed
    -very short range
    -CT is kinda big to stay all the time in CQB

6. Cyanid7

Cyanid7 Active Member

Hah, cool beans! Thanks & welcome to Mechspecs! :cool:

@ Kaozer: Yes, all of your points are valid. I made the Jenner-comparison with exactly that playstyle in mind. Don´t go brawling. Move. Shed some until you´re hot, head off to another one and so on. Aiding Teammates, that are engaged will also work well. I´d really like to see it as a fat Jenner, this weekend i will try it and would give some screenshot-footoage - i don´t know the result by now :cool:

Thanks for the input!

7. kaozer

kaozer New Member

you're welcome and i wanna mention you should give a shot at trying out 3 Mlas and 3 MPlas that brings up your cooling efficency to 49% and gives you more range. i would feel more comfortable running this

8. Cyanid7

Cyanid7 Active Member

Like your idea, makes me thinking :cool:

IF i drop down MPlas, i would rather drop down to 4, drop the AMS and cram in a slightly smaller engine to add 2 LLas for range. HE for only the LLas is really nice, as is only for the MPlas. If you really have a good trigger discipline (me need to improve that), take ERLLas instead of LLas.

You can also twist it around and take PLas for the "range". But this is really far away from my first idea:

9. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

The catapult benefits from having long-range weaponry, so I like the 2xLLas 4xMPLas version the best.

10. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Props to Solahma and his glorious Wubanshee, you're the reason why I boated MPLas on my Jester ;) :

It's very aggressive, fast with powerful and precise alphastrike, you can poptart... it feels like a medium mech.
    I also find it's a very good alternative to double AC/20, with the advantage of enemies often disregarding you because you don't make a big boom and it looks like you got a Jenner build. Too bad really, I often deal a lot of damage with this build.

[​IMG]
    (done this afternoon, no arty)

11. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

oh my, epikt, how have I not tried this yet!?

This looks like a fantastic package of fun, not even jesting :p

very nicely done btw!

12. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I don't remember exactly, but if I did it was long before the buff.
    I remember testing 4 MPLas and 2 LLas: it was slower, hotter and too jack-of-all-tradish for my taste. This one is just perfect.

13. Sgraz

Sgraz New Member

My favorite Jester build.

You just keep grinning that Cheshire cat grin when you keep circling your enemies, keep shooting and cackle maniacally to their missiles when your cute little bunny ears keep shooting down their missiles. :D

I strongly recommend to test this. :):happy:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast