JagerMech S - 4ML+2AC5 BlackJack-style Brawler

Thread in 'Jaegermech' started by Toastygawa, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Toastygawa

Toastygawa Junior Member

I love the thought of the BlackJack, but it was too glassy and ran too hot. This JagerMech-S gives better damage and very nice alpha, but sacrifices mobility. Bulwark keeps this mech alive, but it benefits from Multi-Target, too. It hits hard with the AC/5s while inbound to the target (a fast spotter really helps this).

[​IMG]

**Adjustment: Move both AC/5s to one arm, move all HS to that torso, and put the ammo in that side's leg to give yourself a shield option (looks dumb, but it's practical).

Switch to AC/2s and 1PPC in place of the 4MLs and add a couple JJs to turn this into a long-range sniper. Add a Comm System in this config. I might post it separately...

Pros: Far more survivable than stock, about 190 Alpha, AC ammo for 15 rounds, decent heat.
    Cons: No shield arm, no JJ.

This build shown using standard equipment. Using + or ++ is a great idea, as is a Defense Gyro.

2. Toastygawa

Toastygawa Junior Member

Shown from campaign using ++ and +++ gear for accuracy. I like consistent hits and multiple crits. Using damage boosting ++ gear can bring alpha damage up to 250, which is worth it if your pilot's Gunnery is high enough. However, by the time you get that many good weapons, you may want a mech with a higher armor rating than 1040.

[​IMG]

Dagonus and Excalibaard like this.