Huginn "LRMLightLord" (2x LRM15, XL170)

Thread in 'Huginn' started by SirEpicPwner, Apr 1, 2014.

1. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

This is a very serious build. Very meta. (I guess if you need a 35 ton missile boat for a competitive drop?)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

I like this a lot. Probably wouldn't ever take it out solo, but in a group, especially when combined tonnage comes into play, this is serious bang for just 35 tons.

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Would be better if you have BAP, fast locking is the way now.
    It is doable, but you will have to deal with cooldown. Try my 2xLRM10 build. That one works quite well even in pug due to its chicken-out speed, you can add/subtract ammo if you wish. Yes I got 500+ in that build.

4. Kryten 2X4B

Kryten 2X4B Active Member

If you need more ammo... 42 salvos...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  5. Article66

Article66 New Member

With the new changes, I re-did my Huginn and put a XL200, with the LRM15 x2 and 720 rounds of ammo.
    Works *so* well, that it was my favourite mech over this weekends challenge madness, regularly got a score of 400+ and a kill and assist. Being a light meant that you were ignored if there was anyone else around, as long as you stayed >300m

The speed which it fires is amazing and 30 damage is not to be sniffed at.

Just remember to keep moving, and only fire when you have a good lock (prioritise slower mechs)...you don't really need BAP as so many people use Tag/BAP nowadays plus a light in your face is a death sentence anyway.

Better to run away and hug a friendly Medium mech :)

5/5 for me.

6. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Interesting idea for a non-standard build, however I would tweak it as follows:

-Bigger engine to at least get near the magical 100kph
    -Armor is your friend!
    -LRM 10s + Artemis as you will most probably have visual on target
    -MGs as back-up/end-of-game clean-up weapon
    -As this is just theory build I came up with here, I forgot BAP. Assuming you'll stay near friendlies it might not be completely needed but normally all my lock mechs have BAP,...

With BAP

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast