How Hot do these run

Thread in 'Hunchback' started by Soulcatcher, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Soulcatcher

Soulcatcher Junior Member

I'm tinkering with Mediums and I see the AC2 runs Hot.
    How much Heat do they Really put out and is this build viable?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

quite hot, if you alpha strike the AC2's. just fire set's of 2 and you will be fine.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Advanced Member

uhh....this thing is a death trap of fire. nuthing is gonna keep your heat at high lvls once you get their like a/c2s. NTM, the alpha is limited to two a/c2s so you have to chainfire further increasing your heat-per-second as well as there will be no downtime with the guns unless no one is in sight.

Personally, i would say that mech is no where near viable. you have SERIOUS heat issues.

HBK-4G

You need your heat something closer to this version. and even then those a/c2s can be deceptive on just how hot they can get if you keep em going. I'm assuming this is more of a sniper/potshot build as anything close up will tear this mech apart. And as such, you need AMS since u cant break 100 kmh. And now also you can alpha or anything you want and have no additional heat penalties.

Unfortunately A/c2s are very deceptive with how much heat and damage they put out. in a big fire fight you will be doing lots of dps while everyone else gets the kills with their bigger guns and you're gonna be runnin around tryin not to overheat. Lotta work just to have someone with an a/c 20 walk up and 1 shot through all that armor you removed and take the kill.

Also on a side note, XL engines in hunchbacks are, imo, one of the worst mechs you could ever put an XL in. EVERY one targets that huge RT to remove almost all of your firepower, but in this case, it kills you.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast