How do you play this thing?

Thread in 'Awesome' started by bart2o, Aug 16, 2014.

1. bart2o

bart2o Well-Known Member

I got an 8Q after the buff, and this is the worst mech i've piloted next to the Orion. I'm constantly getting my ST blown away after peeking once, getting headshotted, outgunned by smaller mechs at close range. I hit dirt constantly, cause of crap hardpoints. On top of that, it's HUGE.

Is there actually any viable way of playing the mech?

2. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Dude I've played this mech constantly since the sale and I absolutely love it. No other mech can match the awesome in its ability to tank with the arms and still be effective, not even battle masters. Maybe banshees but they have extra tonnage as well. Just sit in the back lines waiting for your more impatient pugs to engage, and then shit all over the enemy team with 3 PPC salvos. Ez Pz clean up.

3. bart2o

bart2o Well-Known Member

I did 2xPPC 2xLLas 3xMLas when I bought it, then the 3xPPC 4xMPLAS, now switched to 4xERLLAS. I'm getting hammered game after game and it's getting frustrating. Unless it's the shitty teams i'm constantly getting matched with since some time. Tried sitting at long range, tried staying mid-range in second line, tried charging. So the 3+PPC is a cleanup build, like the AC40 jager?

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Headshot is a matter of bad luck.
    Unless you are running a LRM boat do not use XL. That would help lots.
    You need full armor at the ST/CT, put most of them up front.

5. bart2o

bart2o Well-Known Member

Im running STD, with lots of armor up front. XL seems suicide, its hard enough to keep alive with STD.

6. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Mainly, yeah. Sit at range, fire salvos of PPC fire, being careful not to overheat, and rinse and repeat.

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Torso Twist and sgield arm, you need it.
    Also, attack from flank, not head on. You are not an Atlas, and even atlas should not walk head first into the heart of a attle.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast