HMN-C "Swoosh" (2x ATM12, 4x HSL, 1x LTag, 1x cAP)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Huntsman Omni Builds' started by Anassi, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Anassi

Anassi Benefactor

A rather simple and straight forward build that works surprisingly well with the Huntsman's high mounts and powerful jump jets. Acquire a target, crest the ridge and unload a 48-72 point missile salvo in their faces. The platform itself is quick and nimble enough to reposition frequently and constantly get new angles to fire from, as well as able to close the distance into the ATM sweet spot pretty easily.

Ammo is a bit of an issue though, 6.5 tons are gone pretty quickly even with the missile rack skills, especially when you lose an arm. The ATMs themselves just take so much space and the the Huntsman has such limited slots with all the hardlocked equipment that there just isn't room to store all of it in the torsos or legs. If you need more ammo it's always an option to just drop the TAG (since the Active Probe should take care of most of your counter-ECM needs), dump a HSL or two, downgrade the HSL to Micro lasers or downgrade the Active Probe to a light version. I prefer to get the bigger version there since it has a higher bonus to lock-on time but a Light Active is still absolutely fine. Depending on your trigger discipline 6.5 tons might be sufficient or not close to enough. Personally I was able to crack the 1k mark with the ammo I had and still had about 25% spare, for you that might not be the case. Your choice.

The HSL are a very good supplementary weapon for the ATMs since they weigh little (only 0.5 tons, so more ammo for you), do decent damage for their weight and match the deadzone pretty much exactly. If something manages to sneak into your deadzone they are also within optimum range of the HSL.

Here is a sample skill tree that comes close to what I use. I made sure to grab the important missile nodes (Missile Racks and Missile Spread) and as many Range and Heat Gen nodes in the Firepower tree as I could get, after that it was just a bit of armor, a bit of cool run, most of the sensor nodes and the coolshot tree. Double UAV might also be worth it, with my control scheme it's just kinda awkward managing more than three consumables. The Range nodes are really helpful since while the extension to maximum range is useless, it appears as if they move the sweet spot out as well, to about 307-ish meter.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Excalibaard and Aylek like this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    Very nice.

Small note on the cAP, it only increases target info time, not lockon time. I'd run a cLAP for ECM countering, and keep the LTAG (which DOES decrease spread and lock-on time)

3. IronEleven

IronEleven Active Member

5/5,

Here's my take on it, ERSLs so I can bring more damage at optimal ATM range and using the weight savings from downgrading the active probe to add an extra DHS. Haven't experienced any ammo issues so far stripping off half a ton but I had maxed missile rack already when I started running this.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast