Hellslinger "MiracleMan" (3xLPL, 3x MRM10, LE345)

Thread in 'Hellslinger' started by Sir Maverick, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Sir Maverick

Sir Maverick New Member

Smurfy is not the Best cuz Armorquirks & CO doesn´t Exist but here is the Version i use...

Skills on Armor cuz Quirks
    SpeedTweak over the Torsotwistway
    Full Heat Containment and the Missleperks...
    rest is on your own.

have Fun^^

CarloArmato and Excalibaard like this.
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

It's not my intention to turn upon you once again, but Ferro Fibrous is way less efficient then Endo steel (with the same amount of slots occupied).

By swapping those upgrades (using Endo steel instead of Ferro Fibrous), you will gain 2.68 tons to play with. Also, since you will have more than 7 slots free, you can even fit a light ferro fibrous and free a little more tons.

Also, keep in mind that 2xMRM10 and 1 DHS will weight as mush as a single MRM20, but the single MRM20 will have overall better heat effiency. The same applies with 3xMRM10 + 1 DHS and 1xMRM30 (or "1xMRM10 and 1xMRM20" and a single MRM30), so always fit a bigger MRM unless you have hardpoints / slots constraints on that specific component.

MRM10 and MRM20 also have the same spread, but MRM30 has slightly worse spread... IMHO heat generation gain is better since the spread "malus" is negligible and those 3 weapons shares the same cooldown.

Without changing too much the original build (and assuming you are fine to have 2 tons of MRM ammo instead of 3, 'cause they are worth 20 strikes without ammo skills and 24 with skills), you still have different choices:

Sir Maverick likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Endo Steel is always better than Ferro Fibrous, as they both save weight for 14 slots, but 5% of total mech tonnage is always more weight saved than 12% of the maximum weight of armor your mech can bring. MRM10s seem nice because of the weight/dmg ratio, but their heat is very high. Replacing with a single MRM30 has the same cooldown, but for 1 ton more you produce 25% less heat! Very nice if you have hot lasers as your main other weapon, especially if you can't benefit from cold maps like other mechs do (and even better on hot maps where the Hellslinger will outlast them even further)

I've built it here with a slightly smaller engine, to boost heat efficiency even further.

Sir Maverick and CarloArmato like this.
  4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

That's actually even better than my previous builds: I didn't checked the actual speed.

Thanks to quirks MRM has the same cooldown as LPL's cooldown + duration, which means they go perfectly with timing... Until you skill in laser duration :/

Anyway, I would fit the 3rd LPL on the torso and not on the arm: this way, you will have every weapon high-mounted, plus whatever side torso you will lose you will still have at least 1 weapon capable of delivering pin point damage and that can deal with fast movers.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I liked the ease of firing left side vs right side, and playing with roughnecks and battlemasters made me notice how susceptible you are to verticality in maps (city in grim plexus, canyon, rubellite). So many external heatsinks also end up going in the arm anyways, so it's going to be armored regardless. Everything in the torso is definitely a good alternative.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast