Hellslinger "Larmer-Larmer" (3xLRM10, 2xMLas, 2xLLas, BAP, AMS, XL350)

Thread in 'Hellslinger' started by enileph, Aug 26, 2014.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Was posting this in the "LRMslinger" build, which is similar to my own build I was running during the "50 win" event.

Heat efficient is not a problem since you don't fire LRM and ML at the same time usually.
    If you are a LRMer you better be armed like one, so more LRM ammo the better. I think this carries enough LRM for what it is. You are using a combo or ERLL and LRM30.

You have ERLL on some direct laser fire, use them good.
    The Battlemaster have great hardpoint for torso energy weapon, it is a shame to waste them.
    This would allow for some snipery action, and good mid range self defense.
    Also helps against a ECM heavy target cluster.

the 2x ML is for self defence, also part of the weaponary in case your LRM runs out, or when you are in close/confined range. No worry about the heat since you won't be LRMing when you use these.

I have included AMS, and that helps contribute to the AMS umbrella of other second line supporter (I do not stand way on the back).
    If you don't like AMS you can swap that ton and a half for some extra LRM (if you like spamming) or extra Tag/ML. I would say a Tag might be nice, though in this build it is not that important. If you can see something clearly you can ERLL them.

STD300 engine version. less ammo though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Like the arms are working as shields and this mech have no JJ slots, i reworked the armour to make it suitable to get dmg from fall and so. I think its allways a nice idea to place 1'5 or so of the arms armour in the legs, to absorb troubles, jumps and Spiders ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

A good idea also.
    From my playstyle I notice that I do not fall much with this mech due to the locations I haul down on (kind of like old school hill-humping). Rather, most damage are either from LRM or long range fire towards the exposed upper Torso, so the shield arms would be more useful.

As said, different playstyle requires different armor placement.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast