Heavy Metal "Legion" - Medium Range (1x Gauss, 3x LLas, 5x JJ, XL330)

Thread in 'Heavy Metal' started by TruePoindexter, Apr 3, 2013.

1. knightwolf47

knightwolf47 Active Member

This build is excellent. I used to be fearful of arm-mounted weapons as a result of the tendency for MW2's AI to go for those first, but this mech turned me around. It's amazing how much quicker the weapons track & how easy it is to do snapshots on off-line targets. When the Gauss nerf came around, I had the hardest time figuring out how the new setup worked, so as a temporary solution, I swapped the Gauss out for an AC-10 that happened to be in my inventory & added streaks with freed extra weight, though it does lose a heatsink:

My original base used an XL280 without Endo and fewer JJs. Despite being a bit slower, it really does lay down the hurt. I'm kinda torn between PPCs and LLs myself. I agree with Fuzzy Bunny that the LLs seem to be easier to run (less heat per shot, capable of more damage), but there seems to be something of a greater psychological impact when using the PPCs. Great inspiration either way, can't wait to try similar builds on the Victors!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. wickedares

wickedares New Member

dropped in this build a few times 3llas/gauss/xl330/5jj and i have been pleased i thought i would miss not having some kind of missile. but i have to remember to KISS some times. and then you get matches like this when you do

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this was taken as of 2014/07/13 so gauss charge, jj shake, heat penalty for lasers, and fall damage would be your big nerfs with this build

i have it mastered so heat even if i pop all three lasers at once really isnt an issue. i keep a 9x9 on me at all times so if it gets hot(which it hasnt so far) i would use it

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

Twice in the past month I have sat down to brainstorm from a blank mindstate a HM, and both times I've made this exact build at some point during the process... then I see it on this site, exactly like I build it (more or less in terms of armor).

Just sayin.

ps - haven't rated it, haven't even played it more than a couple times in game, I just simply keep building it in smurfy for some reason...

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast