HBK-4J Raptor MKII (6x MLas, 2x SRM4, AMS, STD245)

Thread in 'HBK-4J' started by Blagg Zear, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Need all 6 Energyslots filled with Lasers? Go for this. 16 DHS should cool down fast enough. Fire in Weapongroups due to your Heat Level.

Weapongroups:
    1. 3x MLas (Head + Arms)
    2. 3x MLas (Hunch)
    3. 2x SRM4s
    4. 3x MLas (Hunch) + SRM4s (Close Range Strike)
    5. Alphastrike

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I really like this build. I would try this before trading to SRM6's. 5-5 stars for that cooling!

3. Reslin

Reslin New Member

This is a really solid build and should work great. :) But I still prefer mine. A bit less firepower but with 8% more cooling efficiency, 200 more SRM ammo, and a bigger engine. Though, I do admit I lose the anti-missle system. I give your build 4/5 stars. I really do like it. It's nice to see others trying to use the 4J as something other than an LRM boat.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

thx! About the 8% more cooling efficiency - dont be misleaded by that C.E. Value from smurfy. It may be a guide value for Alphastrikes, but in the end the actual amount of DHS counts!

Example: 16 DHS definitely cools faster after firing 4 Medium Lasers, than 15 DHS or less, though the C.E. of the build is lower. Firing 6 Medium Lasers at 16 DHS will of course take longer to cool down than 4 Medium Lasers at 15 DHS, but on the other hand you actually have Firepower of two additional Medium Lasers for a much higher Pinpoint.Damage, which you can use in times of need. So thats why I recommend firing in Weapon Groups to deal constant fire pressure.

5. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Love this build, I run it without the AMS because I have found I am usually fast enough to get into cover that its unnecessary. Instead I put the weight into the engine. First run with the build i did this. It seems a consistent mech for damage. Falls into the "alpha and run" category. Get 3 full alphas before needing to cool off.

First 5 games using this build

Wins: 3
    Losses: 2
    Win%: 66%
    Kills: 9
    Deaths: 2
    K/D: 4.50

match:
    [​IMG]

6. Red Line Pilot

Red Line Pilot Active Member

Bump for HBK-4J remodeling.

I prefer to play with more speed and less cooling. You can downgrade to 15 DHS and a bigger engine i think :)

7. Creovex

Creovex Active Member

Not bad, but I prefer the tweaks added in this build a little more...

Weapon Groups:
    1. 3x MLas (Head + Arms) **(Linked Fire)**
    2. 3x MLas (Hunch) **(Chain fire)**
    5. 2x SRMs **(Linked Fire)**

Module:
    1: Radar Deprivation (forget the AMS)
    2: Medium Laser Range 2 (really your preference)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast