HBK-4H "Refried Beans v2" (1x AC10, 4x MLas, STD260) + XL Variant
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'HBK-4H' started by scromboid, Jan 7, 2014.

1. scromboid

scromboid Well-Known Member

This is a re-done version of the Refried Beans and, since it operates completely differently and the Grid Iron has me thinking Hunchbacks again, I figured I would post the build in it's own thread.

This is one of my favorite mechs to play. I have two variants I am working on right now, trying to figure out which is my favorite. I generally post 5-600 damage in this build on a good game with multiple kills. Folks will look over the Hunchback all day long and get torn up because of it. If you want to run cooler, drop the ML on the arm and even some arm armor and put in a few more DHS. Still, that AC/10 is first to go, so having the backup weapons is always nice.

Here is an alternate version with an XL275 for the speed. It drops Ferro and adds either a laser or DHS, up to you. It is more explodey, natch, so I run the ^^ one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

Do you like this better than the Refried Beans v1? I'm looking at picking up this hunchie because of the sale and was looking to run one of your two builds. I've seen you profess love for the other build for a year straight, now I see you have actually changed it up! What's a budding Hunchback pilot to do?

3. Maitregob

Maitregob New Member

I wanted to post this build I made since the release of the quirks for the HBK-4H, and found that you made one almost identical.

My version use an STD 250 engine so I'm able to equip an AMS (and the new 2000 ammo / ton!). I prefer to put the left arm laser in the head so i'm able to zombie and can use my left side as a dead side for shielding. I toggle the arm lock for this mech, so the 4 laser can shoot at the same location.

Didn't really had the time to experiment with it, but for the 2 games i used it I got a k/d ratio of 2 and an average damage of 437 (note that i'm an average player, so for me this is a good build!)

4. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

If it's that good of a build for you, you should rate the tread as five stars then?

5. Maitregob

Maitregob New Member

5/5,
    Oups, I forgot! Good build, especially since the last patch!

6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I've seen several of those mechs since the patch, it looks like the best build on the -4H chassis. Kind of mixing elements of the BFG and the swayback.

The XL variant looks like a bad idea. Because a destroyed hunch will kill you of course, but more importantly because it doesn't allow you to shield with your left side.

7. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

4/5,
    I gave it 4/5. I tried this one last night (both versions) and found the XL too vulnerable but the STD was fairly effective.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast