Grid Iron "The Underrated QB" (2x UAC5, 1x MLas, STD200)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Grid Iron' started by Abigail Acerose, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Abigail Acerose

Abigail Acerose Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought the Grid Iron was the worst of the bunch...

Lo and behold! 2xUAC5s are actually quite fun! And effective!

It's tempting to drop a ton of ammo for an MPL, but you really need that ammo to pwn. Keep it. Try not to brawl- stay at range and throw rounds down range!

Edit: Errmmm... are Smurphy links not what they used to be? Halp!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that's a thing with the new site. Just add "s" to the "http" of each link to make it show like normal. ;)

3. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Post it as a plain link, make it https instead of http, and the forum should automatically format it.

On the build, I was tempted to try something along these lines myself, but wasn't sure. Pics mean it happened, though, so it looks like I'll be trying a build like this one sooner rather than later.

4. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

Did you ever use the mlas in combat? If not you might replace it with a TAG to increase your match score. Also the 225 or 235 STD might be good here though the later would require some sacrifices.

5. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Tried to run this, but I just couldn't deal with the slowness. Glad it worked for you, though.

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Got this guy for free with the Karma Koin / Paypal Gifts promotion (Full Hunchback Mastery Bundle).
    Definitely excited to give this build a try. Might consider dropping the MLas for another ton of ammo.

7. Abigail Acerose

If I wanted to bump up speed, std 225 is the most I'm willing to go. Any amount less than 6 tons of UAC5 ammo isn't enough! Here you lose the Head Laser, but gain nearly 10kph in speed. Why dontcha give this variation a try?

With the high-mounted UACs, I love to abuse corners, hills, and peeking in general. You can usually squeeze off 3-4 bursts into someone before you're noticed, thanks to groovy quirks (and a CD module- highly recommended), and you've a range of 690 meters to play with. I *have* out-dakka'd a Chainsaw Ilya in a stand-up fight, but it's still risky and you're beat up afterwards... =P

As for the head laser? I use it to poke mechs over hills and make 'em antsy, and grab assists when I don't want to waste UAC5 ammo. Though replacing it with a TAG is a great suggestion!

And protect that hunch! ;D

8. Abigail Acerose

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Abigail Acerose likes this.
  10. JimEvolved

JimEvolved New Member

That's about the best build for a bad quirk set, now it's going away. Can you stomach a 200 engine for a 50% Gauss cooldown?

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

5/5,
    Post Gauss Rifle Nerf -> Try out this epic build.. It's really great for a Hunchback

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast