Grid Iron "Simple Brawler" (1xAC20, 3xML, STD225)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Grid Iron' started by Yohgi, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Yohgi

Yohgi Active Member

Taking this for a spin as soon as I get a chance. Two buttons simple. I'll probably try to play it more as a skirmisher than a brawler, but who am I kidding? I'll end up going toe-to-toe with someone bigger than me just because.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Greeve

Greeve New Member

That one is working for me. even if you lose you hunch, you can zombie with 2 medium lasers.

You can change the heatsink against another ton of ammo if wished.

Even after the "AC20-nerf" still my favourite mech layout : ) still love the ac20.
    And imo hunchies and xls are a no go!
    Edit: I will attach match results tomorrow!

3. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

I feel like people are downvoting AC/20 builds because of the recent AC/20 nerf... Personally, I haven't even FELT the changes in-game. Everything feels the same.

4 stars from me. A tried and true hunchbuild.

4. Yohgi

Yohgi Active Member

Took it out a couple of times last night and did well with it... first game not much damage as I was just behind the action a lot, and then got swarmed by 4 lights. I am definitely noticing the AC/20 change when trying to hit lights, even at 100-250m ranges. Second game was with a really good pug team and I still managed ~550 damage and a few kills. I'm liking it, but thinking it would be nice to get an extra ton of ammo in there as well.

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Imagine you buy the IM but you don't use the Triple Ballistic Hardpoints, instead loading a single AC20 with some Lasers. Is it a viable build? Yes. Is it a reason to buy the IM? No! This is silly but it's a reason not to give a high rating.

But i don't believe people downvote AC20.builds in general. That's silly too

6. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

What? It's the exact same loadout, so it should be rated the same. Maybe if it had less module slots, or less torso twist or something... But it has BETTER torso twist.

Ya goof.

7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

You can rate it with full stars if you like. But to me it's silly as well to give xl builds a low rating in general only because it's a Hunchback, because as said already - if it's compensated by high/max speed and high Firepower or insane DPS it's fine. Just needs to be played differently than a close range brawler.

8. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

Ehm, try to keep the conversation on-topic?

http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=5277

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Let's min/max this build to a similar Version of the BFG Striker in the 4G thread:

10. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

Well, the difference is more speed less armor, but I agree, that is probably a more appropriate loadout. Had he posted that I'd have rated 5 stars.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I rated it 4 of 5 as well because it's a good proven build despite not using the missile hardpoint.

12. Yohgi

Yohgi Active Member

Thanks guys! I'll be updating my build to what Blagg posted for sure!

13. AntiSqueaker

AntiSqueaker New Member

BFG Striker build from the HBK-4G. Solid build, I have over 500 matches in it on my Founders 4-G and it's my best mech. Can pull over 600 damage easy, and it just racks up kills on softened up targets late game. Fast, cool, and packs a whallop.

Better than the HBK-4G as well, since it has extra torso twist speed, which is really helpful in getting off a snap shot and then twisting away to save the hunch.

14. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

Yup that's a good 4G build. Excellent for grinding c-bills.

15. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

16. Greeve

Greeve New Member

I read the forum rules and terms and thought this mech has another engine and other upgrades, so i should suggest it as a new build - because its another approach and other strength.

Sorry about that, just wanted to present my fitting for the new mech : /

17. Yohgi

Yohgi Active Member

I'm running mine with this loadout now, using the one less heat sink and one more tonne of ammo.

18. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

I agree with you, this thread is fine.

19. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Merged the two threads since they are same weapons loadout with just an engine tweak

20. Nazgulgnome

Nazgulgnome New Member

I feel like this isn't using the Grid Iron for what makes it special, which is that missile slot on the left shoulder. I can make this work with my 4G, why would I spend real money on a special paint job to do what I can do with a standard variant. ( please don't yell at me about my founders hunchie, I bought the package for the catapult). How about something more like

Uses most of the hardpoints. you can always ditch a ton of SRM ammo for a third laser if you really need it.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast