GRF-3M "Surmbird" (4x SRM6, 1x ERPPC, 3x JJ, XL275)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'GRF-3M' started by TotalCookie, Jul 27, 2014.

1. TotalCookie

TotalCookie New Member

I'm having some very good matches in this 'Mech, so I thought about sharing it.

Should probably swap the ERPPC for a regular one because of how hot it runs (you can't fire it with the SRMs in close range more than twice without overheating), or maybe getting an ERLLas and a couple heatsinks. I don't really want a Large Pulse Laser or mediums because I like having a little long range capability for those matches on Alpine Peaks where you just can't seem to do anything and don't get any assists (whics is sad).

I may replace one or two ammo tons with heat sinks, I have not yet ran out in any match, despite not dying that often.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. DerRattenmann

DerRattenmann Active Member

I use an ER-LLas instead of an ER-PPC. It may not do pinpoint damage as a standart PPC but it has a better rate of fire, greater range, does comparable damage, generates less heat, is smaller, weighs less and can be used in close combat. I also mounted it in the left torso so that I can use both of my arms as shields. The flamer in the right arm is really helpful against clan mechs.
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=128&l=a1dcfe8bc2ccb8984e1e55f727917832112dd9d3
    I did run out of ammo a couple of times but I do run low on a regular basis. I thought about removing one ton of ammo to install an XL295 (95,6 kph) but I don't know if it is worth it.

3. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

For the longest time I was using an almost identical build to the ERPPC + 4xSRM6 (I dropped one HS for a ML). I loved it and it was my favorite mech by far. On a whim I changed the ERPPC out for an ERLL, more armor and an additional HS and I really think this build is perfect.

My build is identical to yours, just trading the flamer for a medium laser, and I prefer the ERLL in the arm for better sniping angles. I also prefer to store the ammo in the legs instead of in the side torso -- you can survive one leg being blown off, but you can't survive an ammo explosion in the side torso with an XL engine.

Good build!

4. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Better use this other internal distribution, way safer for you.

5. DerRattenmann

DerRattenmann Active Member

I seem to have found the perfect balance for mine now. I removed half a ton of ammo and a jumpjet to install an XL295. That little bit of speed was exactly what I was missing in this build and four jumpjets still work well. I also moved some ammo to the legs.
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=128&l=bada4436bb6ed0fa01815ca1097f7d195ddd1cbb

6. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Theorycraft:

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

5/5,
    Bumping up the nice builds.
    My version: You have shield arms now.

Smaller shield arms and less JJ if you want superspeed.

Yes, I would prefer a single ERLL instead of ERPPC, but that is another build (my build so I cannot vote for it).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast