GRF-2N "Royal Pain In The Ass"(4x SRM6, 2x ML, 1x JJ, ECM, XL300)

Thread in 'GRF-2N' started by enileph, Apr 22, 2015.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

This is what I am trying, after the cheap ecm oxide build.

The next logical trial would be the +A version

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. Throet

Throet Active Member

I just built this based on the new changes to SRM ghost heat. Now you can fire 4 max free alpha SRM 6 without any penalties. It's not substantially different from the second build above, but:

Yay! 4 max free alpha for SRM6 now!

Also, I wanted to try to find a way to make this work with two large pulse lasers, so here's that. It leaves you with about as much less armor as than a SDR-5D running an ERPPC, 2 ML, and maxed engine, without sacrificing the ECM. And you've got to drop Artemis to do it, since that's pretty much your armor right there. 4 tons is all you get.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Nice trolling. 11 armor on each zone / 128 armor in total? Reduce those SRM6 to 4-sized ones, reduce ammo to 3 tons as the LPLas will do most of the work for you and max the armor on every part but the LA.

Doesn't work, I know.

To put this as kindly as possible, this site is for min-maxing our builds, not for trolling. There might be some builds around with trolling in mind, but even those will survive an alpha strike from a clan or IS TRIAL medium mech.

4. Throet

Throet Active Member

I'm sincerely not attempting to troll, either here or in-game. I genuinely wanted to share a build I might actually try. However, you have a good point about not being able to survive any significant alpha strike. My next thought was to lower the engine size to 255 XL, prompted in part by my own comment about the SDR-5D I run having more armor, to get more armor.

I don't have a Griffin yet, but it's my next planned purchase, so I'm here exploring viable builds for it. I do tend to like stripping lots of armor off in order to pack more firepower. It tends to work very well for PUG matches where I'm grinding CBills. I'm very interested in finding out where the functional lower limit is for stripping armor, because I don't feel like I've hit it yet. I have not tried anything this low in a match yet, but keep in mind also that I wouldn't use those exact component values. If I ever do try this, I'll let you know how it turns out.

5. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This won't work as soon as you meet some halfway competent light pilots. They'll notice within seconds if you shaved armor in favor of firepower. And they don't even need to shoot you to do so, they'll just see your loadout and your speed and that's it.

Here's something that actually works on the 2N and which is fairly close to your build. As this is pretty far off from the OP, please refrain from discussing it here, but use a new thread for your build and ideas.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Drop one DHS and you can have some armor/ammo, and Much bigger engine.

I think a 4x SRM4 version is available though indeed. Still ok in terms of speed, consider that with this setup you are hunting slower stuff anyways.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast