GRF-1S Pewpew McBoom (1x ERLLas, 2x SRM6, 3x MLas, AMS, 4x JJ, XL300) [Updated]

Thread in 'GRF-1S' started by Magnificent Bastard, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

[Updated 1-16-2014]

This build is a jumpy brawler with a bit of long range poke for good measure. You have a weapon to use while you're closing the distance but your goal is to brawl. You have enough JJs and speed to be able to out maneuver larger mechs and enough firepower to make them hurt. Heat management is not an issue if you remember to use your weapons at their ideal ranges. You can alpha safely a couple times but when you're close the Mediums and SRM6s are quite punchy even without the large laser.

Edit: Updated this post because over time I have made significant improvements to this build and feel that this current version is the best one. As always I welcome criticism but I really do feel this is one of the best GRF-1S variants possible. The 1S doesn't shine as brightly as the other Griffin variants but this loadout works well.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

I didn't see your post on this until after I made my own mech from scratch and came up with almost the exact same version as your XL variant.

Seems to do a pretty decent job and the 1 LL is nice just to get some pokes in for the extra cbills/xp.

3. Magnificent Bastard

Decided to mess around a bit more with this build. For one thing 4 tons of ammo seemed a bit much. Taking Blagg's armor values for this mech as my baseline I was able to make a 2 LL version.

2 LL Variant:

4. Otto Destructo

Otto Destructo Junior Member

Otto's PewPew's

I like your concept but really love the new LPL changes and the idea of less time on target. So swapped it around to fit a LPL, AMS, 4xJJ, and 2x srm4's+a since I had Artemis from my previous LRM build. Heat is 1.24 but, i have the chassis mastered...Iffy but manageable. I'm gonna do a few drops and see how it goes. Might end up ditching the AMS and a JJ for 2 more heatsinks.

First drop on Caustic Valley, Conquest...it did quite well
    [​IMG]

5. Magnificent Bastard

I haven't returned to this 'mech since the update to pulse lasers but it sounds like I might need to. If I recall correctly they extended the range of pulse lasers which was one of my major complaints against them for builds like this. The old range of the Large Pulse was just too short for me to consider the overall build "balanced" but that might not be the case any more.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

SRM4 is accurate enough so you don't need +A, saving 2 tons and 2 crit slot for other things.
    Suggestion are DHS, SMS ammo if you are spammy, or some armor and a JJ.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast