GRF-1S "Lafayette" (2x SRM6+A. 4x MLas, AMS, 5x JJ, XL280)

Thread in 'GRF-1S' started by NewMaxx, May 25, 2014.

1. NewMaxx

NewMaxx New Member

I haven't tested this in actual combat yet as I only started playing today, but I started putting this together even before my first log-in! I managed to get through all 25 Cadet Bonus matches today so I was able to purchase this and test it in the Training Grounds.

My main goals:
    1) Purchasable in full for a new player after 25 Cadet during 24-hour Premium
    2) Decent alpha strike with relatively high sustainable DPS
    3) Useful as a close-range support medium for heavies/assaults

The left arm is left as a shield. It's possible to drop either the AMS or Artemis as well as one DHS (XL300+ has 1 more DHS over XL280) to upgrade to a better engine and enable Endo-Steel.

I tested this quite a lot in the Training Grounds and found that I really needed the 5xJJ for my particular style (agility). I also feel that the Artemis Guidance works for my style - I intend to be pretty pinpoint about my attacks as I am helping my heavy/assault allies take down their enemy counterparts. The AMS makes sense in the slower support role but I feel it is optional and have to test it in real combat (trading it for the XL315 is a coin flip).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I like this version :

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast