GHR-5J "Ghost Hopper" (3x ERLL, 2x MLas, 4x JJ, STD300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'GHR-5J' started by Solahma, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Currently avoids ghost heat, we'll see if it stays in the game for good! :D

Enough jump jets to get airborn

Don't care about flying so high? Just drop a few JJ for more DHS!

McGrizzled likes this.
  2. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

nice, I need to get in the habit of remembering about the 3 (ER)LL no ghost heat thing when making builds. I just automatically went to 2ERLL before seeing this.

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Fast STD version.

4. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Tried your variant 1 JJ build and it worked fine, but I've noticed that I rarely, if ever, take serious RT/LT damage. CT hitbox seems pretty big, so I tweaked the build a bit...some wasted tonnage here, but there's nothing to fill it with...so fuck it ;)

SPEEEEED BOOOOOOST!

Remarius and Solahma like this.
  5. poopenshire

poopenshire Junior Member

Here is my version of this:

6. Greenjulius

Greenjulius New Member

I agree; the CT seems very big, making me feel that it's a de facto XL runner. The trick for me is figuring out an effective build for the hoppers that are limited to a XL340.

I've been running this build with an extra medium laser and it seems fairly head efficient. I run a XL365, 9 DHS, 2xJJ, and 54/54 on the legs, 12 on the head, the rest full armor. It's getting the job done, but that CT always seems to eat everything coming its way...

7. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

My only thing with that is I really don't need a 365 xl engine if it turns out to be non xl friendly. ;)

8. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I'll save you time then: I've never seen such an XL friendly heavy mech ;)

Stooge 3 likes this.
  9. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Better than a Catapult? :cautious:

10. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I'm not a fan of Catapults in general ;) But the GHR has advantages, in that its components are much harder to destroy et al, so I wouldn't really compare the two side by side. The CPLT, in general, is squishy as hell compared to what the GHR can do.

11. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Funky build ... second match in I out lasered a dual ERLL Raven which must have been unexpected for the pilot and got a total of 5 kills. Very precise damage.

[​IMG]

Heat is ridiculously easy to control even with 0 xp on it.

12. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Figured I should mention that, after mastering it, I switched my build up slightly by removing some DHS, changing the armor a bit, and adding more JJs. This is my go-to CW build, and it is always my first mech on the ground...and it NEVER disappoints:

13. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

What do you think about added group protection / utility?

Looses about 3 kp/h and it's less jumpy, but adds an incredible missile shield

14. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Personal preference there, it definitely works. I rarely, if ever, run AMS myself, but it would work just fine. Main reason I go with 4/6 JJs is for places like Grim Portico, since having the extra mobility is HUGE there.

15. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

I've been trying this build all day for two days now and I can't seem to do jack for damage with it. The battle ends in a win/loss before I can get enough damage via sniping to earn a match score of 30. That's with a zoom module too. If I get closer, I do much better without the ERLLs. My Enforcer earns a score of 30 without breaking a sweat. Is there a trick to the play style?

16. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

One, I would say go sans zoom module...I found that I did far better without it (since there's no tunnel vision). Two, I generally think of this as a CW build; it's amazing for fights where you know people will be more long range, but less effective in normal games where the fight is likely to turn into a brawl. Look for another build if you are playing in normal games, but keep this one in mind for CW.

Trifler likes this.
  17. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

Hmm ok thanks. I've been using it in pubs.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast