FS9-S "FireWubber" (6x MPLas, 1x JJ, XL280)
5/5,

5 ratings

Thread in 'FS9-S' started by Solahma, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Hm, I tried this newly-quirked MPL FS9-S. But overall, I didn't find it tooooooo impressive. It was definitely nice having the higher alpha, compared to the SPL-boat; and the increased range is nice too. But the heat efficiency . . . something to be desired. Because of the weight, it can't carry as many DHS as the SPL-boat can; and it doesn't get heat quirks either.

Overall, it performs nicely. I got 700 damage second match I ran it anyway, which was nice. But still, I think I prefer the heat-efficiency of the SPLs, even though it requires getting closer.

2. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

It's the choice of any MPL build: periodic spike damage vs. sustained DPS. Like the Hellbringer with MPLs, it can have a nasty sting if you let it engage and disengage, but it burns up fast if you push it head on and force repeated fire. So this guy's a beast versus slow mechs, but incredibly vulnerable to lights, especially the SPL Firestarter...unless it gets in a good first leg shot.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

the standard build is working great. Having absolutely no issue running, even against other lights and on hot maps.

Highlight game with this build so far. it was me vs. 6 in the end. 1 Timberwolf, 2 King Crab, 1 Warhawk, 1 Catapult, 1 Centurion. They stuck close together enough to where I didn't have enough time to pick them off. You can see who survived. The Warhawk and King Crab were both CT crit when the clock ran out. Not sure how well-off the Centurion was though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  4. Falconium

I think we spent too much time trying to carry our poor team, and not enough time actually CAPPING! If not for Conquest, I think our wolf pack could have carried that one to victory . . .

[​IMG]

Solahma likes this.
  5. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

I think 5x mplas + 2x mlas should also be evaluated versus the other builds. You wouldn't need to downgrade the engine.

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Now that they produce the same heat, that option would be MUCH less heat efficient. It would be worse than 7x MPLas considering the quirks.

7. Falconium

Yep, what Solahma said. The MPLs aren't just good because of quirks; they're great because the MPL produces a higher DHR.

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

First game back from my 2 week break. Details in the 1000+ thread.

[​IMG]

9. Mister-T

Mister-T New Member

[​IMG]

Not exactly the same build, only 5 medpulse but more jump jet and full armor

10. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Summary, "Pew! Pew! PEWPEWPEWPEW!!!"

Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

The most cool eff. possible with 5 MPL.
    At the cost of 1 MPL you gain like 12 (or more, I didn't calculate in an accurate way) seconds time to overheat vs the 6MPL.
    In the matches where sustained fire matters, it's an huge boost to the overall DPS.

I think I'd use this version over the other 5MPL I posted, because if one wants to focus on cool. eff. then it's better going all out on that.

Falconium likes this.
  12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Yes, I've been running this build now, except with the DHS in the other torso for crit soaking since it's more of a defensive shielding side. I replaced the other version with this.

13. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

5/5,
    Absolutly digging this thing, probably even more than the 8-SPlas A variant.

[​IMG]

14. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Yeah, 5x MPL has as-good or better cooling than the 8 SPL and nearly the same alpha for an extra 0.1 second duration and double the effective range. 6x MPL is a higher alpha and a bit more difficult to manage the heat, but the range lets you use cover to cooldown very effectively. The chart in the OP really spells it all out.

15. Aylek

Sry... I was talking about the OP build = 6x MPLas. Leveled the mech with 5 MPLas @ XL 295 until I got elite skills done (= essentially speed tweak + doubled heat skills) and then switchted to 6x MPLas @ XL 280. Monstrous.

16. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Well the OP has 5, 6, and 7 lol

17. Aylek

Well... the title says 6, so that made me think it's your original build. ;-)

18. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

5/5,
    It is the best light mech around.

19. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

My take is 2 JJs, XL295, and the 5 lasers on the right side. One JJ is basically a gravity toggle, two and you actually lift off enough to take shortcuts/shots (after a full burn). Plus, you won't lose flight if you get crit.

Solahma likes this.
  20. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

Here is my version of the build:

This mech is absolutely ferocious. I recommend going with the 7mpl and xl265 engine, and no heat sinks. With the quirks firing an 7mpl generates less heat than firing 5 medium lasers. Even on terra therma you can get off 3 alphas and a 4th if you overheat. On most maps you will not overheat until the 5th alpha.

Since medium mechs usually die in one alpha to the rear ct, and no mech can survive 3 alphas to the back, this is a little monster.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast