FLE-20 "Black Flag" (5xSPL, ECM, MASC, XL170)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'FLE-20' started by Axefan, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Axefan

Axefan Benefactor

Tried the medium lasers - too much face time. Small pulses suit this mech well.

FLE-20

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2018
    Excalibaard likes this.
  2. Bret

Bret New Member

Been running this build with Stealth since release. This is pretty much the defacto/most effective build IMHO. Every once in a while I may swap the torso laser for a TAG to help out the LRM boats. More fun than my stealth Raven.

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

@Axefan please don't forget to update with a smurfy link now the mech is released there!

SPL vs ML is not just a question of face time in my opinion. SPL have shorter duration, so better flick shots. However, the short range and cooldown both mean you have to be more actively engaged to reach the same amount of participation in a match. Where ML can still poke quite effectively, the SPL force you to commit to a brawl/skirmish, limiting you from picking targets that are well protected by their team.

In the end it comes down to preference of course and I do have a locust I enjoy running with SPL with quirked cooldown, but I guess I just wanted to rant a bit about SPL as a weapon (and I guess indirectly share my views as to why the SPL nerf was unnecessary).

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast