Invasion FLE-17 "BackScratcher" (2xMPL, 5xSL, MASC, XL170)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'FLE-17' started by CarloArmato, Dec 4, 2018.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

As I'm writing this and without any doubt it is my favorite 20 tonner. Piranha is easier to use, but this one in the right hands it's an unforgiving backstabbing killer and excellent trader short range.

Best pinpoint with lowest heat and excellent alpha strike. Use MASC to disrupt enemy aim / get closer fast / GTFO / stay behind a target and out-turn / out-maneuver your victim; once at range, keep on hammering and pinpoint as much as you can until you are attracting too much attention.

When 1v1 and in the right hands, this little mech is a death sentence.

About skills, I have to think about the best skill tree... It still need some testing, particularly I'm not sure if I should intensively skill into heatgen or cool run, as well as survival.

Suggested skill trees:
    My favourite skill set: max heatgen, prioritize cooldown over range for minimum node consumption, max laser duration, max speed and turn, half radar derp, full seismic, almost full coolshot and air strike. Get close fast, hits hard and frequently, it never has to depend on UAVs to check enemy movement if targets are nearby.
    In case you don't like Seismic sensor or you prefer UAVs: max heatgen, max cooldown, max laser duration, no survival, max speed and turn, half radar derp, max UAV and airstrikes

Random gameplay

First drop ever with no skills at all resulted in a whole light lance annihilated by me (4 solo kills) but with a little help from another light team mate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even more bragging:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I first wrote this thread, I put an ALT version without MASC but TBH I'm absolutely sure swapping MASC with DHS for additional cooling it's not worth it because it will be harder to leave behind a pursuer, to get closer faster (or simply sprint to disrupt aim and dodge laser beams) and, most importantly, you won't have MASC to stay behind a target or out turn it to prevent it from dealing damage at you.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

UPDATE: edited OP with definitive recommended skill trees and even more bragging. An absolute must try if you ask me, IMHO in the right hands is "Piranha OP" level.

3. renzor51

renzor51 New Member

5/5,
    Might be the highest DPS with minimal heat. Good build.

4. Imunesky

Imunesky New Member

5/5,
    Great build