DWF-UV "Ultra Violent" (8x cUAC2)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Ultraviolet Builds' started by Solahma, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

The obvious choice. Dealing 16 points of damage per click. 32 damage every 0.7s when it doesn't jam.

The 2nd ballistic hardpoint in each arm is on the bottom of the arm, so it will hit terrain pretty frequently.

The heat builds up quick when it doesn't jam, but that's fine. More heat means you dealt a crazy amount of damage in a short amount of time (assuming your shot are accurate). Still very manageable.

Twitch Highlight of the match
    (note: the build I ran in this match had 74 leg armor and 1ton less ammo, adjust to meet your personal needs)

[​IMG]
    (screenshot by WillyPete from a different perspective lol)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. P

P Well-Known Member

ouh you
    just wait till you see how fun it is to firecontrol lbx2s ;D

3. Tank the Frank

Tank the Frank Benefactor

That's what I'm looking forward to. The 6 x lbx2 was crazy enough to start with! Will try the uac2 for shits and giggles first though.

Any merit in retaining one of the heatsinks in stead of a ton of ammo?

4. P

P Well-Known Member

DAKKA FOR THE DAKKA GOD
    BULLET FOR THE BULLET THRONE
    MAY THE SONG OF THE GOD DAKKA NEVER ENDS

so i would say keep the heatsink coz that' what i would do

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

The LBX2 version will be fun. The macro might be silly, but it's entertaining.

It's so completely different than the UAC2 version though. This baby can focus damage AND dish it out extremely fast. If you aim it well, it's a Gauss shot or more every second. And the damage is A LOT more effective than the spread from LBX2s. I ran it for several matches and there were a few LMAO moments where a mech got its CT melted faster than I could stop firing.

I'd actually like to try this with non-ultras since the C-AC2 got a heat reduction. It might actually work with 8 of em

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  6. Tank the Frank

Yes, makes sense after the uac jamming nerfing from the update. Heat reduction will be a bonus. Do both the uac and regular ac2 still get the crit bonuses?

7. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Absolutely none IMO. As seen in the highlighted match, as well as my experience in other matches, this thing eats through ammo QUICK. I ran out of 11 tons of ammo in 5 minutes. That's just insane. More ammo, more damage. It's Hot enough to pay attention, but each shot generates so little heat, it is manageable. Once you get heat capped, you can just wait a little longer and choose your shots, but the best part is, you can keep shooting relatively fast. It generates 4.8 heat per alpha, and the mech dissipates 3.16 per second. So you can fire 1 alpha per second and only net a 1.6 heat increase per second. Not bad.

Anyway, my verdict is that the ammo is a lot more valuable than the little capacity and dissipation you'd get from an extra DHS, simply due to the nature of this build and how easily you can manage the heat. Also due to the heat being entirely RNG. If 1/2 your weapons are jammed, you'll be generating 1/2 as much heat. So really it's out of your hand already and you just need to pay attention.

Yes they do.

Tank the Frank likes this.
  8. William Greubel

William Greubel Junior Member

haveing serious issues with fire control and shying away from great builds like this because of it ( sigh )

9. P

P Well-Known Member

shame MWO only have 6 weapons group

10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I would advise AGAINST fire control or any macro on it anyway. Just 1 group. Click fast. Win. Simple as that. You don't want the EIGHTEEN damage PER CLICK spreading all over the enemy. Macros will only hold you back.

Shock likes this.
  11. Tank the Frank

Doing some testing with 4 UAC2 and 4 AC2. Initial impression is positive and it runs a bit cooler.

12. William Greubel

William Greubel Junior Member

ive tried that , but differently 4 uac2 and 4 lbx2s, still not getting the desired effect im looking for. tried to used two fire buttons one for left and one for right and mixing them so i peel armor and do direct damage

13. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    The main reason to buy the UV.

Even though macros are inefficient in damage application, they're most definitely FUN. Nothing quite like dishing out a bullet every 0.042 seconds.

Macro setup in firectrl:
    3,4,5,6 with a delay of 84 ms (in case of 0% cooldown. Adjust accordingly).
    Bind firing to your weapon group 2 button (RMB), and 'toggle fire rate' bound to another free key/button combination.
    Have firing groups 3,4,5,6 with 2 UAC2s in each and Firing group 1 as an alpha for all 8 (to retain the possibility to do focused damage).

Press RMB to fire UAC2s without jamming. Toggle on fire rate to fire twice as fast with jam chance.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  14. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I tend to disagree here. 8x LB2-X seems to be even more funny and a bit more reliable.

15. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

any autocannon mounted 8-fold is a reason to buy this. LBX2, UAC2, AC2, up to preference.

16. Spoonyman

Spoonyman New Member

Anyone got a recommended skill tree for the 8xUAC2

17. Glowhyena

Glowhyena New Member

8xC-UAC/2... That's pretty much dakka. However, I'd like to try it out. Ha!

18. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Mandatory skills: max heat gen, max cooldown, max range, max jam, max ammo, max coolrun.
    Nice additions: radar deprivation (3/5th is almost mandatory, maxed is probably overkill), advanced zoom, left branch of survival (mostly armor), consumables.

Spoonyman likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast