DRG-5N Our Dakka is Eternal (2x MLas, 3x AC2, XL300)

Thread in 'DRG-5N' started by BindMind, Jun 3, 2013.

1. DarkLobster

DarkLobster Well-Known Member

LIAR! ;)

[​IMG]

Had great fun running with Archwright and a couple other guys on today's MechSpecs Mayhem.

2. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  3. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Truth be told, DarkLobster, I have no idea what was different on Friday. It's like the build just clicked, and I had enemies lining up to fall to the AC2s.

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Those kind of games are not so rare with this mech. With its very high dps, if your take good position it's devastating.
    (other "not so rare" type of games, when you're sniped in the XL...)

5. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

Those times have only become rarer since the PPC nerf!

I'm falling in love with this build all over again.

6. Hwadeok Chasa

Hwadeok Chasa New Member

Basically an XL325 version of the 3*AC/2s. Want more ammo, but. If you're careful it's great fun.

They were right to tell me to try dakka out. MUAHAHAHAHA--ahem. I mean. It's kinda fun. :mellow:

Critiques and stuff welcome, always.

7. epikt

epikt Benefactor

It's an engine/ammo/DHS tweak of the "eternal dakka", it should have been posted there (that being said, this thread is a mess and unfortunately isn't maintained).

About your build, you definitely need more ammo (I personally carry 9t, for 675 rounds). But I think you'll realize it yourself soon enough, the more you'll be used to the build, the more you'll shoot.

8. Hwadeok Chasa

Hwadeok Chasa New Member

9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

No problem, your thread will be merged eventually. Just be careful next time you post a build, we decided that all variants of a build (=same weapon systems) should be posted in the same thread, so it's easier to have a global view of the building options.

Another thing about your build: experiment as much as you can different loadouts regarding number of ammo and DHS.
    This build is hard to optimized (there is the amount of ammo you need, and that is not negotiable, the rest is finding the balance between mobility and heat dissipation) and it's highly personal, depending of one playstyle.
    Once you find the good balance, this baby is absolutely brutal (one of my favourite heavy mechs).

10. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

11. enileph

enileph Star Lord

My setup. The thing is, unlike most other AC, AC2 is rather hot. I was adding a bit more DHS. The low ammo count would mean you have to pick your shots rather than spam it though. And yes they do run out if you are not careful.

12. HungryWookie

HungryWookie New Member

As far as 3x ac2, I have run this on my Shadowhawk with a fire all and a chain fire to set up the continual shake rattle roll over heat combo. What I found was that with the new clan troll uac builds in PUGs just about everybody turns and runs before I over heat. When I start to over heat I go to the chain fire or have a single shot key mapped. With lights I use the outside of the reticle to lead. If I am close I let it dip inside the red, and if farther I pull further away. I learned this from my father who used the outside barrel of his 2xbarreled shotgun "link fire" both barrels on birds at all ranges. Quail, ducks and Ravens all taste like chicken. I will say on close quarters city maps with multiple levels of players this really looses all benefits unless you can stay behind a group that will not block your LOS - good luck in PUGs.

Disclaimer - I am a pretty new player and this may just be training wheels until I learn how to read the flow of combat and more effectively/safely unleash more concentrated volleys. Sure is fun to abuse the screen shake and it has made a difference in the flow of combat at all stages of the battle, I did win one match on the open desert as last man standing dropping a beat up heavy and making a light run like a chicken in a barn yard before I took him out. I saw in the team chat one player say that he thought 3cAC2 were worth giving a try again(with my very mediocre results at best - I really needed that)

13. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

How little I've changed.
    Anyway, triple AC2 still rocks, BTW. And the Dragon's hitboxs and quirks make it a beautiful platform.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast