CTF-4X 4PaK (4x AC5, 1x MLas, AMS, STD180)

Thread in 'CTF-4X' started by AstArRoth, Jun 11, 2014.

1. AstArRoth

AstArRoth New Member

only drawback - low ammo
    Pick your shots and position carefully. Before speed tweak i was using STD195 with less armor on legs.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Only drawback? Are you sure? This mech is painfully drawing itself at 46kph!

3. AstArRoth

AstArRoth New Member

im running it since before ghostheat appeared and so far, yes. Altough i admit, moving from one end of map to another can take some time.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I guess the OP's Intention was to have the Burstpower of QuadAC5 while keeping the Survivability with a Standard Engine. But epikt is right about the speed. While all the teammates are far away at the frontline you are still crawling behind them. Lights will kick ur ass if you can't catch up to the Lance. With some Armor Downgrade and by dropping AMS you can load the STD200 with one more internal Heatsink, but the Speed will still be too low in most battle situations.

I would recommend to try 2UAC5+1AC5 instead - similar Burstpower (Double Tab Rapidfire of the Ultras) but saving you enough Weight for the STD250 at almost max possible speed. AMS is nice to have, but you need the weight for more important things here:

Another very powerful secret build with Ammo for eternity Screenshake is this here:

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  5. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

A STD180 has a torso twist rate of 51 degrees per second. I've heard Stalkers described as movable turrets but this is the same concept? Sorry but far too slow for my gameplay, it may work for you but not something I'd recommend.

6. AstArRoth

AstArRoth New Member

As you said, it works for me, i've tried almost anything with std engines on 4x and this works best for me. First thing i broke 1k dmg was 2xUAC5 with LLas on STD200 (Koniving's rig). Intention was to have quadAC5 as Blagg wrote. About turret Stalkers, never heard of it before, its about downgrading engine and cramming as much firepower as you can? Lights wont kick my ass if i stay behind, they will torn me to pieces and spit on whats left, but that almost never happens.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast