CTF-3D 'Zoidberg' (4x LPLas, 2x JJ, XL300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CTF-3D' started by TheWatchman, Oct 13, 2014.

1. TheWatchman

TheWatchman Dedicated Mech Tinkerer

A Pulse Laser version of Soy's Multi-pass builds. The heat penalty for firing quad LPLas is enormous, so volley fire would be wise. Not a build for novices, methinks!

Oh, and why 'Zoidberg'? Because he's all about the wubwubwubwubwub!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Since the JJ nerf, this has been my loadout on my CTF-3D. I run a little faster, a little lower, and a little hotter...

As small as it may seem, the laser duration quirk is actually VERY nice! Takes an LPL cooldown under 3 seconds and ups the DPS enough that you can really smackdown some lighter mechs.

No more poptart, quick brawler with significant firepower for the win!

3. Groovy4life

Groovy4life New Member

5/5,
    It's like dual AC 20 Jager but with jumpjets, better range and unlimited ammo. Used correctly this mech really wrecks enemies - more reliably than UAC5 builds.

I already have (successful) 3 UAC5 3 ML Jager so I searched for more unique build for 3D - especially after a couple of drops where UAC5's kept jamming like crazy.

I swapped to this build and won two games in a row easily, scoring 2 kills in one and 3 in the other match. Overall match damage won't be high, this build really shines when you place careful and precise shots in open CT or side torsos. Legging lights is quite easy too.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast