CTF-3D "Speedballer" (1x Gauss, 2x LLas, 2x MLas, XL340)

Thread in 'CTF-3D' started by TheOrphanator, Nov 17, 2013.

1. TheOrphanator

TheOrphanator New Member

Classic laser-ball type build with a bit of a twist. I like to go fast, so I bought the biggest engine I could and picked the weapons that perform best with the given weight left.

This build is designed as a mid-range pseudo-brawler. The gauss rifle can be used for sniping on it's own if you want, though I highly recommend staying at around 400-500m. 2x LLas + gauss is really annoying at that range. Once people are softened up, at 86.6 kph, you can easily rush someone cored or out of position. If you're running hot, forget about firing the large lasers for a while and you'll be ok. The big XL engine allows you to maneuver much better than a small STD engine, so don't forget to twist or you'll be dead really quickly. Not recommended unless you have elite efficiencies as you won't get the most out of the speed and you'll probably run a little too hot otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

I mostly like this idea, i reworked it around the base engine cause i have no C-Bills to pay for other XL.

With the extra weight i added AMS and BAP, more ammo for the gauss, and also switched to ER vers of the LLas. Its obviously more slow, but i dont feel the mech slow in overall, it will be fine with speed tweak ;)

Also thought in the chance of switching the BAP for a MG, but in overall i think that alone MGs are useless and 1.5 tons can be better used in a BAP. Anyways HERE it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast