CTF-3D 'Cannonball' (1x LPLas, 2x UAC5, 3x MLas, XL300)

Thread in 'CTF-3D' started by Aylek, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I was in the mood to play with one of my oldest mechs again when doing our 'drink and game' session with the DudesClub yesterday, but I wanted to do something good, but different with it.

I created the first iteration of the build (slightly different armor distribution and ammo locations) directly in the mechlab without looking for any references. While it's very close to @Roegan 's "Clanbuster" or @DarkLobster 's "Demon" builds in hindsight, combining double UAcs with the LPLas / MLas laser vomit components pushes the focus a tad more on mid- or short-range engagements.

I already knew just by the look of it that it might perform well, especially when being able to play from second or 1.5st line during the first half of a match, but I didn't realize how well that could be...

[​IMG]

This was done with a fully leveled and equipped machine of course. It might be turn out a bit hot whithout basic skills doubed. If that's the case, focus on the UACs and the torso lasers (LPLas + MLas combination) and only use the arm-mounted MLas when in need / when heat is OKish.

My weapon groups are as follows. Please notice this is one of build where I toggle the arm-lock ON at the beginning of a match.
    1: arm-mounted MLas (toggle arm-lock OFF in a brawlish situation!)
    2: UAC5 x 2
    3: torso-mounted LPLas + MLas

Module recommendation:
    - Radar Depreviation
    - UAC5 Cooldown
    - LPLas Cooldown
    - MLas Range

Have fun trying this one and let me know how you fare with it!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast