CPLT-A1 "The Ultimate LURMZILLA" (2x LRM10, 4x LRM5, 2x JJ, BAP, AMS, XL280)

Thread in 'CPLT-A1' started by Blagg Zear, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

The Ultimatum version looks like a really sexy upgrade to the regular 6x5, BAP or XL300 I'm not sure yet, but great job nontheless.

3. Wronka

Wronka New Member

I rated this 5 stars. I sent this build to my friend as he just got the A1. His first run with this build resulted in 755 dmg, 2 kills, and 9 assists. He was very happy with the build. No heat penalty if you Alpha, and you chain fire the LRM5s if heat is a problem. I think he went with your first build just without AMS and like more armor and another DHS. Either way he said a solid build.

4. mmstahlman

mmstahlman Active Member

I rated this build 5/5 for a few reasons.

1. With the CPLT-A1, I feel if you split the focus between SRM and LRM to have "close range defense" you are losing potential. This is one of the best, if not the best loadout I have seen for this chassis.

2. I have enjoyed watching a friend wreck the other team over and over with a similar build. I think he runs 6x5's and more ammo.

3. Due to the recent sale (1/2 off mc and c-bills for the original 4) I bought 3 catapults and 3 atlas which drained all my c-bill funds. I put this build on my new shiny A1 and realized I don't have funds for DHS.
    First I tried to drop to the XL255 and keep all the fixings. it worked ok, but was slow.
    then...
    Dropped the BAP and AMS, also dropped the LRM10's to 5's as suggested by SubjectSeven - used the XL300 (From the AS7-K)
    Added 1980 missles, one jumpjet, and filled all the rest of the space with single heat sinks.
    Over 400 damage two games in a row. - with NO basics and NO DHS. I can't argue with that.

Very nice build.

I'll admit - ECM and losing an "ear" really sucks - but when I get this thing elite with DHS, AMS, and BAP... it is going to be a monster...

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast