CP-10-Z "Missiless" (6xMLas, 1xAC20, AMS, STD350)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CP-10-Z' started by Trifler, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

This brawler build gives up the missiles in order to almost max the armor and add four more medium lasers. I play with the AC/20 supporting the lasers, not the other way around.

Weapon Group 1: MLas in left arm
    Weapon Group 2: MLas in right arm
    Weapon Group 3: AC/20

Command Console version for easier aiming (no AMS though):

EDIT: Revised CC version.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Too low on ammo, especially version 2. I was running it like this.

enosfer likes this.
  3. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

I guess I use the AC/20 less than you do, but ammo levels are always adjustable.

I like this version of what you're trying to accomplish:

This is the original version, swapping the AMS for ammo.

Or, you could drop the armor back down to 528 for another half-ton of ammo. That would be like your version, only trading a half-ton of ammo for a 350 engine instead of a 325.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. Barnacle Ed

Barnacle Ed New Member

Welp, this is my 1st time posting here since I joined late last holiday , and returning to play since that same holiday :p

Anyways, I settled on this variation, a combo of Shock's and Trifler's:

And here is my best game with it so far:

I know it's not the 1000 club or anything, but I'm pretty proud of myself when things like this happen. Whether it's a fluke or the circumstances just rolled together just right, I dunno (my character name is Gobo McFly, just to avoid confusion)

This is a pretty solid build you came up with, but it wasn't until I removed the AMS that it really tightened up and became the capable wrecking machine it is.

Thanks a lot for sharing, now I just need to learn how to use it properly :rolleyes:

Trifler likes this.
  5. grendeldog

grendeldog New Member

I managed 796 damage on Mining Collective with this build. Only 300 some on Polar though; most of the new or updated maps favor the longest-ranged builds. I suppose I could try to make this a LLas boat but it lacks the quirks for it and has low mounts on top of that.

Anyway good build! I tweaked ammo and armor but the general idea of no missiles is sound for sure.

6. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

Yeah. Polar is rough for a lot of loadouts. Be sure to use a Medium Laser Range module. You could make a LLas boat, but you'd have to give up the AC/20, which is basically of the focus of this variant. PyckenZot has a quad LPLas loadout for a CP-11-P that I want to try. You might want to take a look at it. That variant seems a lot more suited.
    • I just tried making a 6 LLas loadout in MechLab. It is actually doable, but obviously it runs hot. It works better with an XL engine.
    • I also found that having an AC/20 and 3 LLas on the left side is doable with a STD 315-330.
    Anyway, glad you're enjoying. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  7. Barnacle Ed

Barnacle Ed New Member

5/5,
    A capable wrecking machine if you know how to use it, and I'm a scrub =p

Trifler likes this.
  8. Virlutris

Virlutris Junior Member

Concerning the modules:

I agree on the ML range, may as well have the extra range to poke. Without heat gen quirks it can warm up quickly, so ML cooldown would be kinda dicey.

Instead of AC 20 range, I go with AC 20 cooldown on this build. When I'm running hot, I need the big gun as soon as I can get it off cooldown.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast