COM-2D Mythweaver's Commando (3x SSRM2, 1x MLas, ECM, XL200)

Thread in 'COM-2D' started by Mythweaver, Feb 11, 2013.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

If you lose a ton of ammo/armor you can do alot.
    With this you can drop the FF and use DHS instead.
    The increase in engine size means a huge speed increase. Being able to outrun some LRM tracking is a good thing.
    I would also suggest swapping the MLas for a Tag when going against other ECM, increase lock speed, and to get a few extra spotting xp.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hi there, most logical build so far. The other alternative is to replace the ML by Tag to target ECM Atlas. I used max possible XL Engine 210 but had only 1ton Streak ammo. Thumbs up!

Blagg Zear

3. Elemist

Elemist New Member

Just going to say now that the buff on SSRM happened that this build is a bit better now. I had one of these follow me forever in my spider and actually killed me. Never had a commando kill me before lol.

4. Spectre Wolf

Spectre Wolf Active Member

I'm going to try this build. Even with my dislike for SSRM2's this seems a valid loadout for the COM-2D.

* nag mode on *

The build you show above is different from the build in your video. This one houses the SSRM ammo in the legs while the video shows it in the head and CT.

* nag mode off *

;)

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Soy prefers to place it in his legs then that is his choice but for me I put it in the head and CT cause if either of those is shot off you are dead anyways. I try not to place ammo in the legs in-case explosion damage transfers to any part of the torso. These mechs are rice paper for armor to begin with, no sense making it too easy.

6. Spectre Wolf

Spectre Wolf Active Member

I agree, I prefer to put the ammo in the head and CT also. Thanks for clarifying the difference in builds :)

7. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I just realized enileph had posted the same same build a couple of posts up so I removed the one Soy is using since it is the same thing (aside from ammo placement).

Although I noticed that he changed that build sheet to todays date so maybe he moved his ECM placement to the correct spot I don't know.

8. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Yeah it is just a ECM move, nothing else.

9. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I am currently using my 2D presented as Soy's build in the video section. So far I am digging it quite a lot. To be honest, that video was the final nail in the coffin to finally try Commandos myself. The 3A was a nice experience as well (2x SRM4 + 2x ML offer quite some punch) while the 1B was fine, but now I am waiting for the DK to go on sale. ^_^

As Myth's version isn't far off from Soy's build (engine rating vs. max armor) this gets a 5/5 from me for the immense fun this build provides when hunting other lights or trolling bigger mechs.

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

No point in buying 1D if you get 3A. 3A has the same hardpoint combo in different positions, oh and it allows for 2x SRM6.
    2D is the best of the commandos and is a must have.
    1B is ok I guess, but the single missile hardpoint is quite useless. It is the energy varint. If so, then just get DK.

I got my DK when on sale, and actually have fun playing with it.

11. MeglaManiac

MeglaManiac New Member

This build is a lot of fun. I was running a similar version with a MPL for precision but could only take 1 of ammo. You def gotta stick with the ML and 2 tons. This mech build is dangerous to lights and big guys.

12. BAHS

BAHS New Member

I have run the Commando 2D in just about every way imaginable. Here is how I run it.

The extra half ton of ammo to make sure you don't run out. Pick your fights and focus the lights and this is a fun mech.

13. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I had been meaning to do half ton retrofits, good call on the 195. The loss of a true DHS for an external isn't even a problem with how cool this cat runs. I would, however, shuffle the armor and placement:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=5&l=09b63151d8fe80472c71bed2dd16eaa7bd276a5f

*DHS crit pad the ECM followed by the SSRM arm
    *CT ammo stack is the half ton, which will feed first and be gone before you're cored (and is well crit padded by engine if not)
    *Non-head ton of ammo fits in with the ECM's crit padding nicely
    *Rear armor shaved so sides can withstand a 15 point alpha, and center can withstand a stray 20. Better to frontload armor and take shots there than have back armor you don't get regular use out of.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast