CN9-AH "Bulldog" (1x AC20, 2x SRM4, XL255)
5/5,

6 ratings

Thread in 'CN9-AH' started by Aylek, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Current build:

This latest iteration of the Bulldog takes the quirks for the CN9-AH into account:

Additional Armor Left Arm 16
    Additional Structure Right Arm 16
    AC/20 Cooldown 20% (Ballistic Cooldown 10%)
    AC/20 Velocity 20% (Ballistic Weapon Velocity10%)
    Missile Weapon Cooldown 12.5%
    Missile Weapon Range 12.5%
    Deceleration 10%
    Torso Yaw Speed 35%
    Turn Rate 10%

Original build:

This is from my second game with the mech, no skill so far as we got stomped when I took my first ride with it.

[​IMG]

The SRM4s are very fitting to the AC20 because of sharing the range. I do love my YLW and having a backup without ammo dependency certainly can be an advantage at times. BUT that bigger alpha strike means that falling back on an engery weapon sometimes simpy isn't needed because your oppenents are already down when you're low on ammo. At least that's the idea I came across during my first matches. Nevertheless there's a healthy amount of ammo added to the mech, so it needs quite a long match for this monster to run dry.

Variants carrying an additional SRM launcher or using a bigger engine are possible, but the mixture of speed, firepower, cooling and the amount of ammo with this build looks perfect.

Another SRM (4?) means you'd either have to cut down the speed - which I dislike (my YLW runs at 106.9 top speed) - or on ammo - which is even worse when taking an additional launcher.

This variant is amazing, and this build is one of the reasons for it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I'm running the same. Even with no xp on it its effective as it runs very cool and has the standard 20 pt panel damage with crit seeking from the srm's. Just an example of matches that I was logging for xp/c-bill reward purposes from earlier (most were similar):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

5/5,
    Very solid build. Agile and hits hard.

Aylek likes this.
  4. Aylek

5. Vaeden

Vaeden Active Member

5/5,
    good speed and hits like a truck ...nice

Aylek likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

5/5,
    Excellent build for the AH!

This is without using Artillery and without being mastered (only Elited). I use a XL265 in mine as I like that little bit extra speed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aylek likes this.
  7. Aylek

Here's the upgrade I made when the AH got AC20 quirks. I forgot to update the thread, but finally here you are:

With those AC20 quirks I definitely want that 5th ton of ammo, and the bonus armor for the left arm means there's already half a ton to be found. In addition to this I cut the half ton of SRM ammo.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I love the bookmark feature! It told me you had edited this post so I can come and check it out!

9. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    Used this build to good effect when leveling my AH. Great build.

Aylek likes this.
  10. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I suppose this is the most pug friendly version. 2SRM4 is decent backup weaponry, and you simply must XL this mech to get much firepower with ammo to back it up. For that reason, it's not really going to see comp play (as well as the lack of jump jets and the navel mounted weapon racks).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

The build is nice, I will also try a full speed one if I qualify for all light and heavy matches during the event.

Low ammo, but meant to flank, take out 1+ heavier mechs and die.

Can full alpha 24 times, that is not that bad (Almost 900 damage potential + some leftover SRMs)

12. Diesel

Diesel New Member

ok... i feel this is a dumb question... but why cant i see where the heat sinks are in the loadout??

tfun90 likes this.
  13. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

They are all in integrated into the Engine. 250 and higher engines have 10 internal heatsinks, while smaller engines will need external heatsinks to reach the 10 heatsink minimum requirement.

14. Diesel

Diesel New Member

ah! I see what i did... for some reason i thought it was a XL 225... thanks so much for the reply :sneaky:

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous Member

5/5,
    Makes a smart trade of a little bit of firepower to get much better survivability than similar builds I've seen elsewhere.

Aylek likes this.
  16. Tekran

Tekran New Member

This really is a prime build for the AH. I run mine with a leftover XL260, but otherwise identical weapons loadout.

17. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

5/5,

A good build for brawl.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Aylek likes this.
  18. The_Wandering_Hobo

The_Wandering_Hobo New Member

Awesome build, a lot of fun to play.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]