CN9-A "Zombie Hugger" (3xSRM6, 2xML, STD275)
5/5,

5 ratings

Thread in 'CN9-A' started by Michael, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Honestly, this little CN9-A has still worked really well in the competitive scene when we were not allowed to use SHD-2Ks (tonnage for example)!

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

5/5,
    Bumping up the classic builds.

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    Classic and amazing! Prefer the STD270 and artemis version, but the OP is also very strong!

CarloArmato likes this.
  4. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

yeah... running the SHD-2K with a similar setup is just not the same although it seems to be very popular nowadays. The cent is the undying king. You better leg it right away because if the pilot knows to torso twist you're gonna have a bad time :p

5. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I'm not saying an XL engine is bad in general, but it is bad for a brawler build.

If your goal is to be a skirmisher or close-in fire support, the XL is better, as you can fit more firepower, ammo, and/or utility at the same or greater speed. But it requires a different playstyle to be most effective.

The STD engine lets you trade blows like you were an assault mech (literally puts you on the survivability level of a 75 to 80 ton mech if played right, IMO) and lets you lose 3 components and still retain 100% capability, or lose up to 5 and still be capable of contributing to the brawl. An XL engine you lose a single side torso and you are out, which requires a playstyle where you do not endanger your torso.

I like both playstyles, but I prefer the brawler on the CN9A.

epikt likes this.
  6. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Like the idea of the build, but since the quirks went live I'm trying this with SRM4+Artemis, for even more range, cooldown, heat efficiency, pinpoint damage and longer firing. It does have lower firepower though, but I think this is compensated by the Artemis precision. How about:

Mod: Fixed your link. New forums have new supported features, so check FAQ for the new way to post Smurfy sheets.

Thanks for the linkfix!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  7. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

8. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

This is one of my CW Mechs. I'm having trouble figuring out which Modules to get...

Here is my current Loadout:
    Mech: Seismic, Radar Dep
    Weapon: ML Range/CD
    M/W: Speed Retention

My thought process on going MLs over SRMs for the range/CD is that MLs are both my "reach out and touch for assists" and the ones that will never run out of ammo; plus they are my ultimate zombie weapons. If the target is at 300m then SRM range does nothing, if I've played the mech for a while SRM buffs do nothing, and if I've lost my left torso SRM buffs do nothing. However, I'm willing to consider switching to SRMs.

My thought process on the mech modules:
    Seismic and Radar Dep are pretty much must-haves for survivability
    My last option I'm debating between 360 retention (great for brawling, but not necessary as I have nothing that requires locks), Target Decay (for when using cover, again not necessary), Gyros (since I'm hoping to draw fire anyway, might as well counteract it), or Target Info (if I can snipe a location quicker, I may survive a fight I otherwise would have lost). However, I like the idea of speed retention, especially while on Assault.

How do you have your modules set up?

9. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I find using target info is great in a brawler. It lets you find those weak points and take out components faster.

10. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

5/5,

Well, I finally gave in and ditched the Ballistic weapon. This is definitely a great brawler build and a lot of fun. This is how I have it set up. Could probably ditch a ton of ammo for another DHS as the OP. 5 Stars

11. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

5/5,
    With Artemis its deadly !

12. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

How is this build after re-scaling and fixing the left arm bug?

13. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    Happy owner of a CN-9A(NCIX) with STD270, 3xSRM6+A, 2xML.
    It is still viable in scout mode despite being... Old

Old but gold

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast