CN9-A "Laser Zombie" (1x ERLL, 3x SRM4, STD275)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'CN9-A' started by Blagg Zear, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I tried this build and it rocks! I always played with dual MLas in CT but i always missed a Long Range Weapon, so I replaced the MLas with a single ERLLas, which has a higher Range and is cooler to handle. You just have SRM4s instead of SRM6s. Check it out and tell me how you find ingame.

*NEW Quirks:
    SRM/4 Cooldown+15%
    Missile Weapon Cooldown+7.5%
    SRM/4 Range+15%
    Missile Weapon Range+7.5%
    Laser Duration-10%

Weapon Groups:
    1. SRM4
    2. ERLLas

Blagg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

+ MORE armor (16 points)
    + AMS System

- Less damage than Zombie Cent on Alpha (12 points less)
    - Less cooling efficiency than Zombie Cent (3% Smurfy measurement)
    - Less Speed than Zombie Cent (5.3kph)
    - Miss-matched Optimal Range for weapons systems

3. Audd

Audd New Member

I'm a little curious about the "- Miss-matched Optimal Range for weapons systems". Large lasers have no min range, so what's the optimal range* for a LL? Isn't this almost the same as 2 med lasers (1 less damage, 1 less heat) with 180m extra range? I always thought of it more as a close range fighter with a bit of medium-longish range love. The LL lets you move back to protect a soft CT once in "zombie mode". To me, mismatch would be small lasers and PPCs, for example.

I'm curious about this because it sounds like a point of view I might not have considered before.

*I always thought it was 0-450m. It doesn't encourage long distance fighting if mixed with shorter range weapons. It just gives the option if needs dictate.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

*updated* yeaaaahoooo!

5. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

The LL comes at the cost of 3 extra tons that could go to extra firepower, DHS, bigger engine, etc. This build, for example, is less effective at 200m than the other zombie build because of that sacrifice.

Mismatched range has the pro of further reach than an all-out brawler, but the con of being less effective inside than an all-out brawler.

I'm not sure which I prefer but this is certainly an interesting take on the zombie build.

6. dog_funtom

dog_funtom Well-Known Member

7. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

IDK about non-artemis SRMs. The spread pattern is just so wide, and in these days of XL safe clanners, that's going to add up to a lot of spread/misses.

8. Shadowdusk

Shadowdusk New Member

I tried this build but it didn't hit hard enough for me. Plus, the ER large laser doesn't do enough damage when you are a stick and running around trying not to die while doing damage. Anyways I took this build and changed it a bit. I dropped down to a 230 std, maxed out the armor and put artemis 4x3 srms and a large pulse laser, it also has AMS since I always have problems with missle boats. It runs slower (Unless you have speed tweak) but it hits harder. The biggest threat to a centurion are lights and other mediums. So this would actually hold its own against them. sorry if there was some mistake in the link.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast