Casual CHIRONEX "Particle Shotgun" (2xERPPC, 1xLB20X, 3xJJ, XL235)

Thread in 'Chironex' started by ShooterMcGavin80, May 19, 2019.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

Alright, here we go. It is a little hot and spicy, but this is a pretty unique build for the Chironex that I don't think I've seen much on other chassis. I've skilled it up and I am pretty satisfied with its performance. 2xERPPC's is a nice low exposure weapon good out to 900 meters, that, when you are firing just the PPC's can be sustained for quite a few shots before you have to stop for a moment to cool off. The LB20X gives you the nice ability to poptart for a big alpha hit (50 points) at about 300 meters or under. Remember you have a dead side, so immediately after shooting twist to give them your left arm when you are returning back to cover. The cooldown of the ERPPC's and LB20X sync pretty nicely, and you can alpha twice before you have to cooldown or just fall back on shooting the LB20X only until you have enough heat to re-engage the PPC's.

Skill tree:
    https://tarogato-mwo.github.io/mwo_skill_planner/?c2d7f0c3-8800-11e9-b9f8-9396fcbf225b

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

Post skill-up report: 1xLB20X, 2xERPPC's + 3xJJ are fuuun. This is definitely not going to be a go-to 'meta mech', but it performed decently well enough for me in tier 1 solo quickplay and group play. If you run up against a unit of guys running meta mechs though, you will be outmatched unless there is a skill imbalance.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast