CDA-3M "Ultra-Bug" (1x UAC5, 4x MLas, XL300)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'CDA-3M' started by Blagg Zear, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Get ready to unjam the UAC!

Alternate Ammo+:

Blagg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    zzoxx likes this.
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I never like the idea of 1 UAC5 on these things.

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I am currently playing my 3M in this version, allthough I only carry 2 tons of UAC ammo in favor of an additional MLas.

Ultimately I think when mounting a single AC it should be either an AC5 (your 'cannonbug' version) or a LBX-10 when combining it with lazors. I like the UAC in conjunction with an ERPPC, though.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  4. Vox Arcana

Vox Arcana New Member

I submit for your approval a mech for those who like to live dangerously.

I know that it is missing the armor on the arms but, that being said I've had luck with this build. Special thanks to Hans Davion for sharing his/this build with me. * Salute *

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  5. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Theorycraft with XL255:

With ERLLas

With 4MLas

With 2MLas and 1MPLas

With BAP also

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  6. Aylek

Update: the -UAC5 jam chance is awesome here and means the 4th ton of ammo is needed. This is a build I am using in my CW dropdeck atm, at least whenever I feel I should bring a second ECM capable mech besides the Griffin 2N to the battlefield.

When it's in my deck I usually use it for the first wave to provide ECM protection for the big guys and I found that you are getting ignored for a lot of time because there are better (and more easy targets) around like Stalkers or Thunderbolds. But this thing dishes out a lot of damage, and going around unharmed only adds to it's capabilites of quick and sneaky component desctructions or for melting backsides. 3 MLas and an unjammed UAC5 add up quickly.

7. Aylek

5/5,
    See post above. This plays nicely into the new quirks for this variant and can do a lot of damage quickly. Easily one of the best builds possible on this variant at the moment.

Blagg Zear likes this.
  8. zzoxx

zzoxx Benefactor

5/5,
    Great build, did my second 1000+ DMG match (ever) in it yesterday. I hated cicadas after getting a 2A for a event price. The first and only mech i ever sold, now i got this 3M, a 5 MPL 2B and an X5 and love these mechs. BTW: This match earned me 8550 XP, wich would be the speed tweak for a mech, lol.

[​IMG]

Blagg Zear likes this.
  9. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

The unjam skill are very powerfull. You have nearly two AC5.

Blagg Zear likes this.