CDA-3M "Sneaky Bug" (1x ERLL, 1x UAC5, ECM, XL255)

Thread in 'CDA-3M' started by Calvyr, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Calvyr

Calvyr New Member

I've been playing around with this build and finding some decent success with it. I generally start the match providing ECM support for assaults, then adding fire support and some scouting/flanking. Having both weapons on the right side makes it great for poking and being a general nuisance to the enemy. I consistently hit between 250-500 damage with lots of assists and a few kills here and there. I'm sure I'd do better if I was better at torso twisting. People seem to really underestimate the punch of this little bug. As an added bonus, it's also basically impossible to overheat, even on Terra Therma.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

You can add some ML for mid range support or more ammo.

3. Calvyr

Calvyr New Member

I'll have to keep an eye on my ammo usage, those MLs might be more useful than the extra ammo. I haven't run out of ammo with it yet, but I have had a few matches where it was close.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I like at least 3 tons for my ballistic weapons, on a less-jamming, faster firing UAC5 even more so. You generally won't need the MLs in most games, so I'll have to disagree with enileph's edit. Once I get a CDA-3M this is the first build I try :) If i want faster long range ECM I'll just get a RVN-3L.

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Was trying to add more firepower to the build. Most likely you would use ML more than ERLL when things get close.

I prefer PPC+UAC5/AC5 combo on this mech but that would be another build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast