Casual BSW-P1 "Shiver me bushy" (6xSRM2, 1xLBX10, XL295) + alts
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'BSW-P1' started by CarloArmato, Apr 17, 2019.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Following @ShiverMeRivets advice in SHD-2H "Hunchie Cousin" (1xAC20, 3xSRM4, 1xJJ, LE270) + alt about how much SRM2 are being underrated, I asked myself "which mechs could mix a decent amount of SRM2s while they can mount only 1 ballistic, which isn't that great all alone?"

Presenting a brawl experiment of mine with decent armor count, very good speed and high DPS.
    Bushwacker is the absolute IS best medium mech to fit an XL engine, even for brawls: you have to pay attention to high-alpha foes and spread incoming damage, but it's not hard at all due to Bushy geometry. Due to being a pure brawl build, you can't soften up targets at range, so be VERY concerned about returning fire if you have to poke. Don't expose yourselves at range unless really necessary, you are still a medium mech with short range weapons after all. Be VERY SCARED about high pinpoint ranged builds (e.g. dual gauss builds): they can and will ruin your day very easily if they manage to pinpoint a single side torso.

Thanks to -10% cooldown quirk LBX10 has the same cooldown as SRM2s, so you can alpha strike and twist a little between those 2 seconds cooldown. You have very high maximum DPS and a good sustained DPS, so you can both alpha strike multiple times while moving to the next cover or simply circle strafe your target until it falls.

About skill tree, I think the best option is to max out most firepower nodes (heat generation, cooldown, spread, ammo), get most or all armor nodes, get some radar deprivation, possibly seismic sensors, and finally a bit of consumables.
    [​IMG]

ALT: XL300 version. Slightly hotter, but faster and more armored

ALT: XL280 version with slightly more ammo (in case you will run out of ammo too often)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

5/5,
    This is the mech where I learned about the AC10/LB10X and SRM2 cooldown synergy. LB10X + 6SRM2 is also my preferred configuration.

If you try hard, it is possible to squeeze in an LFE295 engine. It is a bit hot, but definitely manageable, like so:

Replacing the LFE295 with LFE280 engine (82 kph) in the above build, you get some wiggle room to fit another heatsink, or an ERML in the CT to use outside of SRM range, or AMS. Still fast enough - take all speed tweak skills.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast