BNC-3E Howling Banshee (1x MPLas, 2x UAC5, 3x MLas, 2x AC2, STD300)

Thread in 'BNC-3E' started by Solahma, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

That torso is going to be a quick target!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

that why you shoud give more armor to the front.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Agreed. I think I would start with this armor allocation until I notice lights chewing me up... the speed is so slow with a STD300 that it will probably need more rear armor.

4. Bobothemonk

Bobothemonk New Member

First run...

[​IMG]

Second run..

[​IMG]

Seriously...my first two goes with this build....

1 Star - Heat is manageable.

The real kicker here you cant see till you actually play it.

The way the game allocates your ballistics for the BNC-3E makes it hard to work some ballistic combos in (looking at you MG). This mech works with that.

4 Star - The UAC5s both mount on the lower torso side by side and the 2 AC2's mount next to your head up nice and high. To see this you need to have the mech in game and you will have had to try and manipulate your own builds to understand why an AC20 with 2 AC2's looks god awful on this build but this does not. (wouldnt that be annoying if the game made one UAC5 mount up and one down)

5 out of 5

5. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Gonna have to say a build similar to this will be my first try. I'm not sure I'd go with the MPL, to be honest, even though I know you're using it for zombie potential. Swap to ML and that 1 ton could be used for another ton of ammo.

I've only seen a few banshee's so far in game, but even with good torso twisting, I still see more often than not ST/CT blowing before an arm shield (so, tossing out the CASE) and no one is going at the legs (so shave another half ton). This will probably be my first try, more ammo to allow for more spam, plus the other changes I mentioned:

We'll see how it works in practice. I think I read the way the mounts work is 2 high and 2 low. A more interesting discussion would be which to go high - ac2 because they could use the range more effectively in a hiding potential, or uac5 because those are the bigger damage dealers so you want to fire those more often.

6. Bobothemonk

Bobothemonk New Member

The game doesn't let you choose. UAC5's will go on lower torso hard points always.

7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

From my Experience with AC Combos i think 2x UAC5 + 2x AC2 are too hot for 14 Heatsinks. 16+ Heatsinks would be great but no critslots free. :(
    I would recommend to replace the UACs by regular AC5s. You will produce less heat and have no Jams. And 2tons freed for extra Ammo to break 1K scores. ;)

8. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

I believe this is a new development if true. I've never come across a mech where you couldn't change hardpoint locations. Granted, there is a weird bug that sometime doesn't let you KEEP the locations and they magically move after you save, but that isn't specific to the build and instead is somehow tied to the weapon itself that rearranges it's hardpoint location.

9. I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

I_AM_ZHOUL!!! Well-Known Member

"This a known bug and fixing it is a priority." At least that's the response I keep getting from them over the past couples months to 3 separate emails... yet still not fixed.

I have had some luck in once I know the how I want the hardpoints to be filled with each weapon specifically, I put them in the wrong order and it will save the wrong order incorrectly which results in the correct order I wanted in the first place.... a fun 10 minute mini game similar to the module mini game we got...

10. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you are wrong.
    [​IMG]

The game determines which weapon gets precedence by it's purchase date.

http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/1uxc5b/hack_to_rearrange_weapon_order/

[​IMG]

http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/2081eg/banshee_3e_weapon_hardpoint_behavior/

11. Lokesh

Lokesh Active Member

Just need to respond to the point about purchase date - that is utter bunk. Why would the game waste database space on something like purchase date? We know the weapon systems are odd on placement, but there are patterns (the above bits about PPC placement) and it can be fooled by placing/moving/saving correctly (can't find that thread). The guy who made the claim about purchase data and/or it being a weapon original to the mech was horribly misinterpreting this phenomenon.

Occam's razor.

12. SuicidalBaby

13. Bobothemonk

Bobothemonk New Member

I never knew about this, if its true then that is fantastic!

EDIT***

Confirmed
    [​IMG]

You can have your UAC5 mounted high. Be sure when you place the UAC5 to the hardpoint that you are also buying it.

Is this an exploit or legitimate method?

14. SuicidalBaby

not really a hack, it was misnamed at the time. just a way to make the game do what you want it to do.

15. GhostMecha

GhostMecha New Member

First drop with this loadout :)

[​IMG]

16. SuicidalBaby

I guess I should at least comment on the build since it was the first build I ran on this mech.

First off, it's too slow.
    The single medium pulse is wasted tonnage, use a normal mlaser as it has better range and uniform firing.
    Allow ammo depletion to run it's course. Meaning, the center torso is fine for storage, your first engagement will be at range anyway.

I will say that the natural progression of this build is to reduce the ammunition tonnage it carries, which implies an overhaul to the weapon dynamic.

17. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I'm wondering if 3MLAS more then the build I'm thinking about are worth the slow speed, once you get blown the dakka side off you are an assault with 4 MLAS, and they won't add too much DPS either and they also might add heat earlier that will cost later.

I know, it's a weird engine, but wouldn't be better to just pump near to max armor (and having crazy armshiels that equal to an heavy CT) ? the damage potential is crazy high anyway (has more ammo ofc course then the other builds dropping 3 mlas)

And, when mastered, around 63km/h looks really decent.

I dunno if it's viable for shielding and moving around (ofc it is on paper with more the 120 armor right shield if considering the arm too, that shielding correctly should go first then then ST since it's so big, but I can't personally try a mastered one in a short while) but I'm really considering buying this mech, if someone has this mastered (I bet many do after event) and a STD335(the hard part :D) I would like some feedback ^_^

18. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I like the AC5+AC2 combo a lot better than the UACs... 1 AC5 and 1 UAC isn't that bad though.

My current set-up is 2AC5+2AC2, 4 MLas, and a STD325

You really shouldn't skimp on the back-up weapons because that dakka torso gets targeted very quickly.

19. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I tried your build in the other topic on my GF's account (she can't pilot and shot at same time anyway :D so I suggested her to just have a giant shield with immense firepower).

She managed to get her first kill ever after 30 matches on trials with 0 kills.

I got a 320 instead of a 325 because usually 150AC5 ammo run out too soon, infact, on any 2xAC5 build I have 180 AC5 bullets.

Tested without elites, it's a strange mech, so slow, but handles really good, doesn't feel a 55km/h mech.

I got a 700ish damage match and some 400ish....with no endosteel, single heatsink,and only heat skills unlocked, less armor, no modules and no MLAS :phear:. ofc I play the lowest elo possibile because on this account the average is 30 damage per match, but still, I can really see the potential I would go with Solahma build but with std320 for 1T more of AC5 ammo.(I'd really like to test the full version soon).

and I'd still put DHS outside the engine for more HPs in the arm and torso

as for the ACs imo is better having them spilt, AC2/A5 UP and down, rather the 2 AC5 up, because you are so slow anyway that the supperssive effect of AC2 combined with AC5 is better the 2AC5 when peeking only the upper ACs.

On a side note, Banshee has 6 fingers :p

20. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

The order is hard (or impossible) to control. My ACs are staggered like you suggest.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast