BLR-1G 1v1 Me, Bro (1x PPC, 6x MLas, 2x AC5, STD300)

Thread in 'BLR-1G' started by BindMind, Sep 8, 2013.

1. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

Update: Put the PPC in the shoulder for a higher-mounted hardpoint.

So yeah... Brawler mech. It takes damage and doesn't afraid of anythingone.

Rethinking this thing's hardpoints, it seems like it would be a sin not to have 6 medium lasers on it. I basically built the mech around that, and I think I like the result.

In fact... I'm fairly certain the only other mech that can replicate this build is the Firebrand, and even then it'll miss a PPC and a bunch of AC/5 ammo.

I'm excite.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Marec

Marec Well-Known Member

Either Smurfy is wrong, or the description for this subforum, where the BLR-1G is said to have 7 E-slots and 1 Missile slot. Ballistics ? Would be nice, so - which one is it ?

3. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

The Mechspecs description is wrong. The official site says it has ballistics: http://www.mwomercs.com/phoenix

4. Phra

Phra Junior Member

I'd trade 1t AC5 ammo for another DHS, 150 is enough even for my dual UAC5 HGN-733C in 90% of the cases.

5. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

This 'mech will require a bit more self control than I prefer. Phra's suggestion to swap the ammo for a DHS is a good one. I'm of a mind to swap the PPC for a LPLas, but I think that'd make the heat worse as it'd cluster all the hottest weapons at the closest range.

6. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

Phra's build is the version I tried out last night and it works really well, though it runs really hot. You just have to rely on your Dual AC5s while waiting for your heat to dissipate. The convergence between the PPC and the AC5s is also better than I expected for long range fighting.

That said, without all of the skills unlocked and elited, this thing turns incredibly slowly. I'll probably swap out the dual AC5s for an AC10 and a larger engine at least until I have all the Basics unlocked.

7. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

That heat sink helps, but I like ammo. More ammo = more damage on my low-heat weapon. It's more personal taste than anything.

That said, the thing runs hot (like most of my builds) if you use every gun at once. I personally don't mind, as I value a high alpha, and those low-heat AC/5's more than make up for the difference.

My strategy is to cease use of the PPC entirely once someone is in range of my MLas, AC/5 blazing throughout. It's worked for me quite well so far, racking up 600+ damage most games.

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

My version to start with. Dropped 2 MLas for more armor, DHS, and AMS.

9. Serious Table

Serious Table Well-Known Member

Solahma, I ran your build this evening when I was finding the 6 MLas to be a bit out of control. It works WONDERS.

[​IMG]

10. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

Okay, this build is a beast.

[​IMG]

Was running 1XPPC, 2x AC5, 6x ML, with 16 DHS and 5 tons of AC5 ammo. Ran out of ammo on the second last enemy.

In regards to my previous post, I found that adding in Anchor Turn really helps with the mobility on this build, and I would recommend it as the first skill to unlock after the two heat efficiency skills.

11. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I am in love... I swapped the PPC for an ERLL and +1 DHS, pushed the armor forward a little and maxed it out... My god what a brutal beast!! Boar's Head, who? :rofl:

Phenomenal build, Bind. I'll try out the PPC a bit more, too. I would love that quick punch on targets that are harder to hold a track on.

12. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

ER LLas is indeed a great alternative. I prefer having that instant 10 damage in my pocket, though.

As for armor, I just click the "max armor" button. I don't really distribute it with logic :p

13. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I have been STUPID busy at work. (70 hours sucks for us salaried folks, but, helps the bonus!) :D However, I really want to get more seat time in this puppy.

I used the ERLL as a crutch to get past the heat as I've spent most of my time since Tuesday (which hasn't been much) in Shadowhawks. However, I agree, I really think the PPC is the better weapon. Especially since the projectile speed of the dual AC/5 and PPC are so close. I've used the combo on other mechs, but, never with this much beautiful ammo AND a standard engine! God I love this build! :D I will build it exactly as you posted and throw up some scores (hopefully this weekend)

Chatt.

10/19:

Just played this build a bit more while on my lunch break from work. Threw the PPC into the shoulder for sniping exposure. Wow! That shoulder slot is AWESOME for PPCs! Feels like a Stalker. Only more beastly! :D PS: The backstab on this looks so freakin' cool. Fully alpha from the spread of all these hardpoints just makes me laugh.

14. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

That's actually how I've been running it. I haven't updated this build for more than a month, and I never even thought to change it...

I guess I'll be doing that right now :p Thanks.

15. MadTerrapin

MadTerrapin Junior Member

I played this build with x4 MLAS, x1 PPC, x2 AC5 and the STD300.

Definitely a beast this one but a wee bit slow for my tastes. Being a primarily a medium mech pilot, I love the balance of speed and firepower and the ol' Battlemaster is anthing but speedy. However, the fit is definitely something else: the PPC and dual-AC5 messes people up and in my first game, I shredded my way through the enemy with 4 kills, 8 assists and a boat load of damage.

Runs cool (enough) and carries very decent firepower. No onto speed tweak!

MT

;)

16. Guilty619

Guilty619 New Member

Went with your loadout as the base for my build and tweaked it a bit. Dropped the PPC for an ER-LL and also took off 2 ML for AMS. Runs a lot cooler as well.

Results:

[​IMG]

Absolutely amazed with this build. Steamrolling all day.

17. MadTerrapin

MadTerrapin Junior Member

I do love this build but felt it needed a bit more speed...so I decided on upping the engine but....dropping the dual-ac5. Not to sure if the fit below needs it's own thread but I slapped on dual-ac/2s instead and moved the PPC to the shoulder and left the right arm as a shield.

With the bigger engine I can shift a bit and get to the flanks a lot better.

MT

18. NoDebate

NoDebate New Member

I'm a believer. I scrapped the PPC for a LL, added in a pair of DHS.

[​IMG]

19. Tlords

Tlords New Member

Now why would you carry this on the 1G, when you can get a similar build on the 1D and have 20 degrees of freedom in your torso twist. All you loose in 2 ML. Worth the trade for having a torso elited out at 96 degrees from center vise 72 degrees... when you bring your arms in with the PPC and ACs your limited in the 1G to 102 degrees from center... in the 1D your at 116 degrees - that's a big difference in my book - especially when someone gets close to you...

bottom line - I loved the 1G when I first started piloting it... then I realized it's torso was gimped. Now I'm in the 1D and miss my shoulder missiles...

20. HozeMonky

HozeMonky New Member

C-Bills. Although you can run the 4 torso ML builds in either. The other factor is that if you're trying to master the... master. Then having a portable build is awesomesauce. Especially if you LIKE it.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast