BJ-1X Head Hunter (8x MPLas, XL280)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'BJ-1X' started by Solahma, May 6, 2015.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I've been brainstorming energy builds on several mechs that have the highest chance to headshot another mech. There are a few worthy candidates however I believe this build has the highest chance of scoring a headshot based on its alpha damage and beam duration. 48 damage in 0.54 seconds. Considering the MAX damage you would require to destroy a head component is 36, this build allows you to miss the head hit-box with 12 points of damage. So that means you only need to hit the head 75% of the beam duration, or 0.40 seconds.

and that's only ONE alpha strike. This build can always alpha twice safely. If you wait for any additional time between shots or if you are on a cold map, you can alpha a third time.

Each alpha produces 28.8 heat, but dissipates 2.94 heat, so three alpha-strike in a row would produce 66.2 heat out of the 66.72 heat capacity. If your mech is moving or your heat is more than 0%, you should not be able to shoot three times in a row.

This build isn't meant to be a ridiculous high-damage build. It is meant to transfer as much damage as possible within the shortest amount of time while still remaining a practical, min/max build.

Without further adieu, the Head Hunter:

stats along side its big brothers

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Aylek likes this.
  2. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Interesting, good perspective there. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  3. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I approve of this build!

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Away from MWO for a few days, so I contracted the Infamous Impaler to live-stream some science with this build. He was required to get 1 headshot, he finally managed it on his last match and OH what a match it was!

Edit: solution!

http://tinyurl.com/kuhjnwy

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. Soranth

Soranth Junior Member

one Headshot for 10$ :) seems i ve seen the stream :p

Solahma likes this.
  6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I find Impy's stream to be one of the more entertaining of all the N g N g streamers. The goal was perfect for Impy to concentrate on really aiming. That's another point of this build. You can't rely on continuous fire because of how bad the heat efficiency is. Thus you must really make every shot count!

7. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Was that ever a nice match . . . very well played, and a close one too.

Solahma likes this.
  8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

So I only got two matches in with this thing last night, to take a break from the CPLT-C1(f) leadboard run (as it was the only few hours i'd have to try).

Few things I notice:
    • it's hot
    • IT'S HOT
    • Using cover to cooldown is mandatory, really limits your DPS
    • Huge alpha advantage and rips through specific components with ease
    • The twist speed allows you to aim very accurately
    • Headshots are very difficult, but I still think this is going to be the best way to shoot for heads on purpose. I had several situations of mechs moving directly toward/away from me that I feel like I SHOULD have gotten a headshot, but barely touched it. I think this is more of an issue of my aim getting used to the mech. It has been nearly a year since i've piloted the Black Jacks.

9. rurik

rurik New Member

Pretty interesting. maybe drop some speed and add some HS, and stay close to Heavys.

10. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

Isn't max head armor and structure 33 instead of 36?

11. rurik

rurik New Member

5/5,
    Interesting... i shall try it.

12. Larry Peeples

Larry Peeples New Member

Curious...if I can stay alive long enough to try it. Good speed that......

13. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast