BJ-1DC "The ShortSword" (4x MLas, 2x AC2, STD180)

Thread in 'BJ-1DC' started by Ashvick, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Ashvick

Ashvick New Member

;) I did not mess with any armor, only the heatsinks, and hardpoints. This set up has two AC2's that are great for longer range engagements to allow you to keep "peppering them" as i call it. I have 150 shots or two stacks of ammo that I keep on either side of my torso (can't remember if i case them or not, but i have never had a ammo explosion in the months I've ran this loadout)., but I always run out of shots on my AC2's so I have the 4 med lasers so i can get in their face, or flank, but it's mostly used for a defensive because the generate a lot of heat, only two-three shots then your shutting down. So be careful and time your shots.

:cool: My weapon groups are as follows: :cool:
    1 : AC2 (left arm)
    2 : AC2 (right arm)
    3 : 4xMed Lasers (torso)

:phear:On a last note try no to poke your nose out to much you are a med and you will get it shot off a lot, so try to catch them off guard or aim for where their weapon groups are to try and take them out so your friends can finish them off. :D Remember 3 assist and a win is just as good as 1 kill and a loss.

(This is my first post here so please feel free to leave a comment if you feel I helped you at all, I want to share some good loadouts, and see how you use them and tweak them, look for my next post in the Banshee-3E variant)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Well, first off, "Welcome to MechSpecs, Ashvick!"

Before creating any new posts, you should read this thread which will tell you how to title mechs. Also, from Smurfy's site, if you click "Save & Share" the last option is "Smurfy Tag" which will allow the script to show the build directly in your post.

NOW! Onto the build!

The 2x AC2, 4x MLas is a solid build. Most DEFINITELY requires Double Heat Sinks to be operational (as most builds do) The STD engine affords even more survivability, however, requires Endo-Steel and Ferro-Fibrous Armor to give you the weight needed to support the extra DHS needed to run this. Moreover, I prefer running my ammo in head and legs first. Less likely to be hit, and, if it does explode, less likely to be as catastrophic. Comes out something like this:
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=78&l=a16655364208b4070c4d05cbe8f13dca834a3b53

However, I LOVE my Blackjacks, so, I paid for a couple XL235s. With the saved weight, you can pump up your heat sinks, ammo and armor!
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=78&l=7fa58cd00a68157d49384595b302ad6482448402

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome Ashvick.

Strictly about your post's layout, please don't add color everywhere. Especially blue since it's the color for the hyperlinks.

Chattahah's suggestions are good so I won't propose other variants. But I'll take your post as the opportunity for some basic mech build advice:

1/ double heat-sinks everywhere!
    It's sounds like a 1.5M c-bill additional tax, but DHS are mandatory on almost every build. The only exceptions being builds which only weapons are Gauss, AC/5 or MGs.
    The "cooling efficiency" given by Smurfy is not a perfect measurement of how the mech will behave in action, but usually a value between 30% and 40% is ok.

2/ structure and armor upgrade.
    Basically it occupies 14 slots and frees tonnage. Always upgrade the structure before the armor, since it gives you more tonnage for the same number of slots taken.
    When you build a mech, always look at the free slot count to see if you have the room for an upgrade: your build has 38 free slots, basically it's like wasting ~3t.

It's sometime a lot of additional costs, but since you perform a lot better with a well optimized build you'll also earn a lot more c-bills with it. Not to mention you will have much more fun, which is the point of playing, isn't it?

3/ ammo
    Usually you need at least 2t of ammo per canon.
    (you might not feel you need it, but it's only because your heat efficiency is so bad you can't shoot)

One last thing:
    Don't!
    I insist, always group all your AC/2s together. If you place them in two groups and shoot them staggered you expose yourself to a massive heat penalty (see this post for an in-depth explanation)(the image are gone, sorry about that)

PS: I understand you might not have the money for double heat sinks, so I propose a build based on AC/5s, which are a lot cooler and can work with single HS:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=78&l=6081109e6f4bbcbb38ecfc5d93c19980ff77442f

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Big Purple's got it right. AC/5s are still one of the best weapons systems (my personal favorite) in the game. I actually love a Blackjack with an AC/5, PPC and 2x MLas. Great setup for all ranges.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast