BJ-1DC "Kilimanjaro" (2x LLas, 4x MLas, 2x MG, XL235)
4/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'BJ-1DC' started by Cpt Chattahah, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

My new baby. Decently heat efficient on most maps, big alpha, good armor and speed. I basically wanted to combine my Jenner and Jager. This is pretty decent. I may end up dropping the LLasers and some sinks for Ballistics, we'll see how she plays out...

I was a Blackjack hater when they dropped, but, this ol' volcano spews death and destruction all across the board. No super high numbers yet. Mostly 300-400 damage rounds. But, she's a good middle-ground. If I cap out three and get my Tweak, I'm thinking she'll be a mainstay.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

This is a build that I can get behind, so many other DC builds I've seen have been lackluster. (Or not awesome enough to compensate for the lack of JJs on the chassis).

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

After more testing, I can confirm this as a mech I'll keep around! As it stands now, with decent speed, I can flank enemies and put a in big enough alpha to drop rear shoulder slots and crit all over. Dropped quite a few Assaults/Heavies with XL Engines today. With Tweak, I'll just keep flanking.

She holds up pretty well in a brawl with decent heat management (LLas at range then lay off after about 60% heat, only firing MLas and MGs) but the key to my play-style in this is to outflank and attack from the rear. (no bad jokes)

Mouse Button/Weapon Group 1: Large Lasers (Mounted high in the arms)
    Mouse Button/Weapon Group 2: MGs
    Side Mouse Button/Weapon Group 3: 4x Medium Lasers Chain
    Side Mouse Button/Weapon Group 4: 4x Medium Lasers Group
    Scroll Mouse Button/Weapon Group 5: Alpha

4. SpessMarine

SpessMarine New Member

This build is amazing. Before this, best I could do with the 1DC was a 2xUAC5 build, which was hit or miss in matches. I tweaked the original to perform better at long range (based on my playstyle of course)

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Lol so rate it. :p

6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I love this build! It's fast, but has decent cooling too. 5-5

7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

... hey i thought you dont like MGs? :rolleyes:

Here my version with AMS:

8. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

4/5,
    Ran this for some time, and it does work well. But due to the quirks, I don't think it is the best this BJ can be.

9. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

Seems we have a common thought and REthought ;)

10. rurik

rurik New Member

4/5,
    Very nice build... i have one like this on my BJ-1

11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

My take on this, dropping the MGs

12. Troy

Troy New Member

I am but a noob to the game, so I have a disdain for XL engines in most builds. So here is my version of this build. Doesn't cool as well and is not as fast, runs hotter, but can take the loss of a torso.

13. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

@Troy nice alteration, a way to make it cool a bit better is to mount LFF and go down to half a ton of LMG ammo. That should be enough in most cases and allows you to run a LE225, which has another internal heatsink (which cools better than external non-engine heatsinks!)

Here's without AMS, with an extra DHS and LE230 (or you could do LE225 with a full ton of LMG ammo)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast