BJ-1 Zappo's Zippo (1x PPC, 1x AC5, 3x MLas, XL235)

Thread in 'BJ-1' started by Cpt Chattahah, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

While I love AC/2s, you actually have worse heat efficiency. Even with two more heat sinks, the AC/2 is much hotter than an AC/5. Your DPS goes up a little bit, but, I stopped using the AC/2s because you have to keep your CT facing your opponent the entire time you're fighting. :( With an AC/5, I can use my torso twist to spread damage a bit more.

I still throw a pair of AC/2s on once in a while because it is still SO fun! But, it's hotter and you have to leave yourself a lot more exposed. I have mixed feelings.

2. don Zappo

don Zappo Advanced Member

Yep, which is exactly why I stopped using them in the first place. I'll point out my weapon groupings just to illustrate some points:

1) PPC + AC2
    2) 3xMLs + AC2
    3) AC2

So, I basically use the AC2 as add damage to all of my other weapons. My behavior is identical to using the AC5 for jump sniping, I just gain some heat dissipation at the expense of damage. I don't stick around any longer in brawl range than before as I am constantly trying to move and get out of close situations. The only playstyle difference is when I am flanking the enemy or they are clearly engaged with an ally then I give them some rapid fire action. Or, well, if I'm just trying to cool down then I just give them some AC2 as well.

Due to this use of it, I do see a benefit from the two DHS slapped into there. Back when I first used the AC2s it was terrible for me as I couldn't resist the temptation just to crank up the DPS and die many terrible deaths. I'm a much better player now so I don't die due to all of the silliness of CT exposure and heat death.

One last bit, I am tempted to put the AC5 back on as well because its flight time syncs much better with the PPC than the AC2. It's hard to line up some of those long range shots!

3. Caspian111

Caspian111 Active Member

I definitely prefer the ac5 + ppc and i mount them on the same arm (right arm).

Very nice build!

4. psiber

psiber Junior Member

Variant "The Hack Jack".

The big difference is that I moved the PPC and AC5 to one arm. The other arm only 10 points of armor, hence the TAG. You could easily leave the Mlas and shift some armor. Or take more ammo.

Or "Hack Jack the Ripper" if you like the UAC5 it fits perfect.

I actually put the guns in my left arm a lot since the majority of setups use right arm and everyone targets right first. Enjoy, thanks for the original build :D

Edit: I know some people love SPLas, depends on your comfort range. For those that use them they increase the DPS considering it's 2-3 lasers at the expense of range. Even trade.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast