BJ-1 "Trident" (3x ERLLas, 2x MG, AMS, 3x JJ, STD180) + XL225 Version

Thread in 'BJ-1' started by Auriga, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Due to BJ low weight, i think is best to rely as little as possible in ballistic weapons. Instead i placed LLas so u can "snipe" and a ton of JJs to increase maneuvering. Also armour is quite straight forward, in the front, so the little numbers still count.

And other version with XL engine. More cooling and speed. Slightly less armour, but i took it from the head and legs.

Hope u enjoy them :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Bigger STD engine:

Less JJ, but you won't poptart with this mech anyway, it's just for basic mobility.
    (a second jet can be added if you shave a little armor)

3. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Thanks for the input, i like the idea, but instead reworked it around a STD200 to get the best of both worlds; more speed, 2 JJs and 1more extra Heatsink :)

4. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

I question the utility of the third ER. I would set up a short range bracket to compliment the machine guns. Either dual mlas, splas or mplas.

Also I think you could cut the mg ammo by half and still be fine.

5. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

I have been testing the mech and is fine for a BJ. The 3rd LLas allows for chain fire, and the MGs are there for close quarters protection and crit exploit. So far is fine and is turning funny to drop with :cool:

6. rurik

rurik New Member

I've played this loadout a lot of times... it is really useful. is what i play right now.
    some times i swap the 3rd ERLL for two mplaser

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast